Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Interior, Sound, Security (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/interior-sound-security-14/)
-   -   Car Video help (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/interior-sound-security-14/car-video-help-26607/)

Bouve124 02-19-2005 07:33 AM

Car Video help

Alright, I've never done any kind of car video installation before but I'm an electrician so it shouldn't really be a problem as far as the wireing goes. What I need to know is the basic equipment that I'll need to complete my project. This isn't for my Tib but for a friends jeep. I want to install a monitor in each headrest and connect them to a gamecube. Aside from the gamecube and monitors themselves what do I need? DC/AC inverter obviously, but what kind how many watts? This sort of stuff is where I need the help. Also if anyone can answer my questions could you recommend some websites or brands of products I could use to purchase the equipment. Thanks guys.

01tibby 02-19-2005 02:16 PM

add up the wattage from each component. that will tell you what the rating you need is.

Bouve124 02-19-2005 02:33 PM

But is an inverter all I'll really need? Cause if thats all I need then thats easy. I was looking around at some inverters and all I could find were ones that plug into the cig. lighter. I want one that will be conected through a fusable link to the battery. Where can I find inverters like that?

spiceflow 02-19-2005 02:35 PM

Just cut off the cigarette lighter adapter and wire it into a 12V source.

Solo-Baric 02-19-2005 02:51 PM

The game cube should tell you on it some where how many watts it runs. Cut the plug off and hard wire it in.

Bouve124 02-19-2005 04:08 PM

Ok I found it, the gamecube is 35W.

Now I'm looking for a pair of 7in. monitors. I need some recommendations, what would you guys suggest?

Solo-Baric 02-19-2005 10:19 PM

directed! skip the head rest monitors and get the 20" flip down. but if you really want the head rest monitors dei (Directed) makes some good one.

fonseca 02-19-2005 11:54 PM

If you are looking for a good deal, you might consider one of these.

I can't vouch for the quality of those monitors personally, but that seller has been great to deal with, and when I was doing research for an overhead monitor nothig else compared to those prices for the specs.

Bouve124 02-26-2005 05:42 PM

ok I installed the monitor and inverter. here is my new problem.... I need AUDIO! The monitor doesn't have speakers and I don't want to use headphones all the time. Now I ran wires from the output of the game cube to the 2 rear speakers of the vehicle, the audio signals are getting to the speakers and you can sometimes kind of hear the audio. Now I know the signal needs to be amplifed to work like this. But thats my problem. How can I get the sound from the gamecube to work on these two rear speakers? Does someone know how I can put some kind of amplifier inline on the output along with a potentiometer/rheostat to adjust the volume?

I hope you guys can uderstand what I'm talking about, its hard to explain... : (

01tibby 02-26-2005 05:48 PM

why dont you just get a regular amp? confused.gif

does your reciever inputs?