Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Car seats

Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon
Default Car seats

Is there a preferred brand or OEM car seat for comfort, lumber or neck support ?

I have a neck issue that I'm finding that my seat is aggravating it atm I've had to remove the headrest for me to be able to drive when it settles i'll put them back.

History:

About 2009 i had a few herniated c4/5 c5/6 disc's in the neck which needed a ct guided c6 root nerve injection of cortisone to get it to heal, it's a injury I've learned to manage but recently in April this year i suffered a herniated disc in my lower back which again required two ct guided cortisone injections in the left and right hand sides of the c6 lumber region I had physio and acupuncture treatment but wasn't getting the desired result so tried chiropractic treatment which was successful but in the process my neck flared up to the extent i had severe pain in my right hand and numbness all the way down to my arm to my thumb and two adjacent fingers needing some heavy meds and again a ct guided c6 root nerve injection of cortisone 4 weeks ago. Atm some minor numbness at the tip of my thumb and manageable pain from the shoulder to elbow and meds are minor mainly at night ,doctor said about six weeks from injection it should take to settle.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Buy this book

http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Revo.../dp/0553379887

and do what it says and see if your pain doesn't go away.

That said, the most comfortable seats I ever sat in were in a Dodge Ramcharger, but everybody's back is a different shape. You might look into a custom foam pad for your seat. Contact a local custom hot rod shop or upholsterer, or a custom seat manufacturer if you can find one.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

That friggen sucks man. I can only recommend this: https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...he-foamectomy/

Something to think about is that the most comfortable seats, the most supportive, and the best seats for your back are all likely to be quite different in their construction. Maybe your doctor or chiropractor would be able to tell you what areas need the most support and which areas need to be free to move.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:50 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

Thanks guys, i have an exercise routine that i use to manage them but the neck has to settle more before i can get back into them and as for seats lumber is fine it's more the head rest support - adjustment in my case the lack of it.

I came across these recaro orthoped but $$$$$ so thought about OEM recaro's ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recaro#...d_Recaro_seats might be an option ?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai x3

Ask your chiro... but also go see a physio. I've seen both for back issues in the past and the chiro was telling me I needed 3 appointment per week for 2 years.. I went to the physio and he fixed it in 6 visits over 2 weeks..

Physio believe the muscle can be made to fix the bones..

Chrio is move the no bones to fix the muscle...