Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Car Audio EQ

Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon
Default Car Audio EQ

Why would someone want an EQ in their dash, if so many decks and amps on the market allow you to cater the sound to your liking? I guess Im trying to figure out when or why a person would need something like this in their car

Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

For the same reason they could get anything: because they can. Also to adjust the sound in a way you can see and your idiot friends can accidentally change.

What's it for?

To sell, dummy!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

back when a head unit was just that, nothing more. legacy brand, even worse,lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

not many crossovers have 1/3 of a octave accuracy, you could turn down a tone you find to loud and end up turning down a frequency that already isnt high enough...

y does this one need more:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...M66/EQTs02.jpg

alot of headunits only have "bass" and "treble"
Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Most people that want to adjust the EQ, dont understand that really they wanna make there stereo pump and not sound like garbage, you need a quality headunit that you can adjust the Frequencies, at the independent set of speaks are most door speakers and such, would like to play at a higher frequency, and using a band pass style filter in the head unit itself is best, that taking the bass out of it, letting it play more treb, and highs, there for alot less distortion when trying to play loud, also good for subs for the same reason you can set the band pass so it will only play the lowest frequency the sub will respond to and highest with out distorting, and saving you sub, and that also keeps them from clipping.

All you really need is a good headunit, I personally have a Kenwood Excelon 692.. which does all the above, and can make stock door spreakers play well with a 15" Kicker L7 on 1000RMS.. I know!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^+1 its for cranking the stereo and having it not sound like sh*t. plus most have the +1db switch that seriously (sounds) like it doubles the bass. idk if it does but everytime i install one it seems like it does.

do you need it in the dash?? probably not. once it tuned to the way you like it you can do any small adjustments at the HU or just turn it down for that inpeticular song.

BEST MONEY other then amps you can spend on your stereo. and a 50deal could work as well as a 200deal just depends on your actual HU/amp/speaker set up.