Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

car audio CRAP!!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm plz help... Quick!

man i'm bloody pissed... my bloody front speakers aren't working

ok so heres the deal... a little while ago.. i took my car to a car audio shp and they installed my amp and subs for me... its a 4 channel amp so they hooked up my subs to 2 channels, and my back speakers to the other two..
so i sold my subs last week, and today i tried to wire in my front speakers to the other two channels... i moved the back speakers to the channels that were hooked up to the subs (just for labels sake) and i wired in the front speakers the EXACT way the shop did the back speakers... and i hooked those up to the channels that the back speakers ere hooked up to..
the shop spliced the wires into the speaker wires coming out from behind the deck... they used 18 gauge wire for the speakers...
the only thing i didn't do that the sop did was safer, rather i just twisted the wires aroudn into a good conenction and put electrical tape over it..
also, the only other thing i can think of is that with i ran out of 18awg wire and used 16awg.. which i don't think makes much of a diff cuz the shop used 18awg, and spliced them into the stock wires which are 22awg if i'm not istaken...
so if i did everything the same.. why the hell aren't my front speakers working??????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

've been drowingin my sorroes in rum with the good captain so pls excuse the parts that don't make sense
maybe someone should put up a sticky about drunken postses
Old 08-24-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Mods that you can feel the difference..

check your crossover frequency..... make SURE that all wires ARE attached and correctly wired... i.e. + & - are correct. just go over everything.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: P-zero Nero, or Parada spec 2?

In addition to the last post, make sure your RCA's are configured right.That is,if before you used a dedicated sub out from the hu to the amp,make sure it is now swapped around at the hu.In other words,disconnect the RCA's from the sub outs of the hu,and re-connect them to the rear outs.Likewise,you now want to use a set of RCA's from the front outs of the hu,to the appropriate inputs of the amp.Another thing,make sure the fade setting on the hu sn't all/most of the way to the rear.

Don't worry dude.Just stop drinking and think about it. 8)
Old 08-25-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Clearing Out the Shed

ugggh... i'm never drinking again... until tonight

i don't understand all this about the RCA cables... as far as i knew there were only the two holes for them to plug into... if they weren't hooked up properly.. how come the 6X9's still work?

and how do i check the crossover frequency? I set everything according to the specs in the amp manual for driving 4 full range speakers
Old 08-25-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Re: super 60 turbo questions

Well,I don't know the specs on your hu or amp, so it's kinda hard to know exactly what's going on.

Do you have the hu owners manual?? It will tell you everything you need to know,to verify stuff.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Clearing Out the Shed

http://home.earthlink.net/~tjgjkt/images/s...ereodiagram.JPG

I know, its a terrible diagram but itll serve its purpose laugh.gif Of course, your amp, or no amps for that matter, are setup like this.. But you get the picture.. Make sure that your amp wires match up in color, red to red, white to white.. What im thinking that your RCA cables arent hooked up properly, so maybe check those.. If not that, check that they are wired properly, positive > positive, neg > neg... Also, check to make sure the boost is up for the front speaker channel on the amp.. If its all the way down, no sound ;/
Old 08-25-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: size for the lines?!

If not that, check that they are wired properly, positive > positive, neg > neg...

The speaker polarity won't cause there to be no sound.You probably will just have poor imaging and lack of bass/mid-bass.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Speaker Brands

Im not talking polarity, im just talking about a stupid mistake, i know i sometimes wire them backwards when not paying attention ;/ He shouldnt have polarity issues if hes running a 4 channel amp w/ 4 speakers.. No bridging or polarity, straight pos to pos, neg to neg...
Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: GB: Speed-Factor Basic Turbo Kit (Closed)

well i double, triple, and quadruple checked all my conenctions.. i have straight pos to pos and neg to neg... i'm thinking that it may be a prob with my RCA cables after all.. with the crossovers, i followed the diagrams in the amp manual so it should be ok
with the RCA cables.. theres only one pre amp output on my deck.. the shop ran them to the amp, but put splitters on them to turn 2 into 4... why i have no idea..
but basically, each of the RCA cables splits into two.. one split goes to the front and rear left input, while the other goes ti the front and rear right input... i wonder if thats the way its supposed to be for speakers as well as subs or if its supposed to be that way just for subs...
anyone know and understand what the hell i'm talking about?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: My experiences with PowerChip

Yes.. If you only have 1 RCA output on your HU, you will need 2 Y-splitters to run all 4 channels of the amp.. If not, you can only run 2 channels.. Be sure that the the red splits to both red (1 on 1/2, 1 on 3/4) and the white goes to both.. Other than that im not sure? Have you tried switching the front speakers to the 2 channels that the rears are on now? Just to kinda troubleshoot where the problem is.. Just swap the wires @ the amp..