Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Car alarm systems

Old 07-07-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove sunroof top panel anyone?

I am planning on getting a car alarm very soon, ... And I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Viper 791 XV 2 Way Alarm System?

Also i'd like to know what systems everybody has here, so I may be able to decide which is the better alarm to get.

I want to be able to be paged when the alarm goes off - this is a must.

Whats a really good alarm system to get??
Old 07-07-2004, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I hear the Compustar alarms are really good! That is what I was thinking of getting.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:51 PM

http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PNphpB...iewtopic&t=1876
You can buy the Code Alarm that I never used....selling it because I decided to keep my Alpine because they are almost the same and I didn't want to screw with the install of another one. wink.gif
Old 07-07-2004, 04:24 PM

I keep looking at this one http://www.stellaralarms.com/detail.lasso?...itemid=strs9950 but i don't want to pay a ton of money for install...
Old 07-07-2004, 09:56 PM

1 Word:
CompuStar!!!!
http://www.compustar.org/
Do a search, you'll find my feelings
Old 07-11-2004, 03:48 PM

Default bad luck

Thanks guys smile.gif

Yeah I think im gonna check out the Compustar 2WSS-AS.
Something recently happened that I need a top of the line alarm A.S.A.P!
Old 07-12-2004, 04:04 PM

Mine is still for sale if you still need one....can ship it out asap.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:07 PM

I too was in your same situation looking for the top of the line alarm once my stuff got jacked. I was trying to decide between the compustar and the viper. The biggest thing I saw on the compustar was that it had an incredible range when compared to the Viper. After many weeks of looking and thinking, I decided on the Viper 690xv. My reasons were first because Viper is a very trusted name in the car alarm business. In fact the name is so trusted that Viper will give you $2500 in your insurance claim if your car gets jacked while the viper alarm is armed. Also because not many dealers install alarms they don't sell or are not familiar with. I called around at many dealers in the San Diego area and not many have heard of Compustar. Now you might think that you can just buy it off ebay and install it yourself. The problem with this is if you don't have any experience in installing alarms, you might screw up somewhere and your car won't be safe. They always say that an alarm is only as good as it's installer. Plus the $2500 from Viper only comes when they professionally install it. Another big factor is the price. I was able to get the Viper 690xv responder series with the new blue remote installed for only $300. The compustar will run you that much on ebay then you need to find someone that can install it for you. In the end, I am very satisfied with my choice to go with the Viper 690xv and Redz can back me up on that.

Good Luck!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I love mine. Lots. I got the glass break sensor and remote alarm/backup battery installed too.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:41 PM

Voiddweller: I'm sorry but I have to turn down your offer. I kinda have my heart set on something else
- thanks for your offer though smile.gif

sdtiburon: its funny you should say you were deciding between the Viper, and Compustar.
So was I.
I am also now thinging of getting the Viper alarm, because the place that im getting my Tint done, also installs viper alarms.
and the insurance from viper that it will not get jacked is reassuring.

I heard that if you have metalic tint,... an exterior proximity sensor will not work - is this true?

I would like to get an exterior proximity sensor as well, so bastard kids dont steal my chrome valve caps (thats another story I plan on telling you guys, but not yet, hehe lets just say *score one* for the good guys on that one!!)