Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Canadian Tibs vs the World (Gauges Issue)

Old 11-28-2001, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Tibs vs the World (Gauges Issue)

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Well yet another unsuccessfull adventure into custom car construction. I put in my SR gauges and let me tell you they look HOT!

But I have to remove them The Gauges have no KMH on them which I have no idea how everyone that saw them missed, but no big deal I can convert MPH to KMH pretty easy.

However it seems that the US tibs are calibrated different then Canadian. When the speedometer is sticking straight up that should be 100KHM or 60MPH however according to the new gauges/templates when the needle is straight up its 80MPH seems the american speedometers and ours have a different scale. Which I had no idea was the case.

Does anyone know if there is a fix.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:42 AM

Well...

One fix would be to get an American speedometer. Of course that means that your odometer is going to be just plain wrong, and will be marked off in miles, not km.

You could mark off km/h on the new one, using very fine paint brushes.

You could also completely repaint the gauge face, and put appropriate markings on it.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Dark Prince-

You can get gauges in KPH from SR. The Korean versions are all KPH.

just e-mail sam and see if he will let you do a swap.

I'll look into that Speedo thing. I'll dig through my photos to see if I can find a kph tibby and a mph tibby and do a comparison.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:06 AM

yeah I talked 2 Sam and he mentioned there are some Non shark Racing Guages availalbe (sad part is mine got installed before I noticed the scale is all mess'ed up)

My other concern is that even if there in KMH that the scaling would still be messed up.

I'm positive that when my speedometer is pointing straight up that on my car the stock gauge says 100KHM if that is the case then I need colour gauges that indicate the same thing but I expect they will be like the shark decals and when the needle points straight up it'll indicate 120KHM which would be an incorrect speed indication on my car.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:26 AM

I am not trying to preach other companies here or take away from Shark Racing profits but if you live somewhere near Toronto... You can get a set of Birba white face gauges (kph) for a decent enough price. JRP sells them.

That is if you can't get SR gauges to work.

Mods... please feel free to delete this post if you think it is inapropriate.

Just trying to help.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Cottonmouth ]
Old 11-29-2001, 02:46 AM

Ran over to the dealer just now and have discoverd that the scale on the SR Gauges is just fine. I was in error they don't have KPH but thats somthing I can live with MPH is not that hard to convert from.

Plus I love my little shark logo on my main gauge. Now I just need Hyundai to install them properly. They didn't remove the old gauges just placed the new ones over top and they pushed my fuel needle on to hard and it won't move..LOL

Those are minor worries though glad I can keep my new gauges smile.gif