Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Buzz Sound In Speakers

Old 02-04-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a problem I havent tried to fix, but it's somewhat annyoing. When I turn on the stereo, there is a buzzing noise. Only when the car is on however. And it follows the revs. Someone told me this probably is a grounding issue. But my amp. is grounded really well, and I also got a tips to ground the stereo headunit... How do I do this? Or can it be something else? Excuse some of my possibly bad english.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:03 PM

I have a problem I havent tried to fix, but it's somewhat annyoing. When I turn on the stereo, there is a buzzing noise. Only when the car is on however. And it follows the revs. Someone told me this probably is a grounding issue. But my amp. is grounded really well, and I also got a tips to ground the stereo headunit... How do I do this? Or can it be something else? Excuse some of my possibly bad english.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:18 PM

It's a grounding issue.

Your amp is definitely well-grounded? All paint removed from the location, it's grounded to a main part of the body, such as the floorpan?

You can ground your HU, usually there is a screw on the back just for that purpose. You can also try using a common ground for everything, or a ground loop isolator. Before that I would check your factory ground wires under the hood. Have you upgraded them or added additional grounds yet?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:18 PM

It's a grounding issue.

Your amp is definitely well-grounded? All paint removed from the location, it's grounded to a main part of the body, such as the floorpan?

You can ground your HU, usually there is a screw on the back just for that purpose. You can also try using a common ground for everything, or a ground loop isolator. Before that I would check your factory ground wires under the hood. Have you upgraded them or added additional grounds yet?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:58 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

when selecting a ground it is proper to use a drill and a wire wheel or a wire brush to remove the paint from all contact surfaces. Ensure all connections are soldered or terminaled. DO NOT TWIST WIRES TOGETHER AND PUT TAPE ON THEM, it will only cause noise. If you have already done so, then you may want to hook up a ground filter. A good ground filter will remove engine noise from your RCAs.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:58 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

when selecting a ground it is proper to use a drill and a wire wheel or a wire brush to remove the paint from all contact surfaces. Ensure all connections are soldered or terminaled. DO NOT TWIST WIRES TOGETHER AND PUT TAPE ON THEM, it will only cause noise. If you have already done so, then you may want to hook up a ground filter. A good ground filter will remove engine noise from your RCAs.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Its your grounding. I grounded my amp right to one of the bolts on a rear strut. Sanded down the paint on it and everything worked fine.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Its your grounding. I grounded my amp right to one of the bolts on a rear strut. Sanded down the paint on it and everything worked fine.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

The stock grounds for the stereo are crap. They actually failed and fried a CD player that I had professionaly installed. So...do not use your OEM ground for your headunit. Find a good place to ground as was stated above and ground your head unit there. Also the ground loop isolators mentioned above are a good idea as well.

Also, 90 % of peoples problems with this is related to how you run your wires back to your amp. Your main power line and RCA's should NEVER run parallel to each other. Run the Power down one side of the car, usually the drivers side since that is where the battery is located, and run your RCA's down the passenger side. If your Main Power and Rca's must cross each other, make sure they cross at a 90 degree angle to each other. Make sure you do not have excess RCA lying near your power or ground cables. Being tidy in your set up will eliminate many if not all problems related to this. fing02.gif
Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

The stock grounds for the stereo are crap. They actually failed and fried a CD player that I had professionaly installed. So...do not use your OEM ground for your headunit. Find a good place to ground as was stated above and ground your head unit there. Also the ground loop isolators mentioned above are a good idea as well.

Also, 90 % of peoples problems with this is related to how you run your wires back to your amp. Your main power line and RCA's should NEVER run parallel to each other. Run the Power down one side of the car, usually the drivers side since that is where the battery is located, and run your RCA's down the passenger side. If your Main Power and Rca's must cross each other, make sure they cross at a 90 degree angle to each other. Make sure you do not have excess RCA lying near your power or ground cables. Being tidy in your set up will eliminate many if not all problems related to this. fing02.gif