Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Bros Guage Faces

Old 04-29-2006, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I bought a set of the Bros Marine Blue guage faces off K Spec. Just wondering how these work if you already have LED's in place of the incadesents. Would it be better to put the stock lights behind it or keep the LED's??? Also when installing these, will I need to tach them on with a bit of glue or no???
Old 04-30-2006, 10:43 AM

Anybody know how these would look with Blue LED's. Will the blue LED shine through the red on the guage face or no???
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You bought the red guages and want the blue to come through?
Old 04-30-2006, 11:15 AM

No, I bought blue guages, but I have Blue LED's already in place of the stock bulbs. Just want to know if the blue LED's will show though the red markings on the guages, IE/RedLine RPM and Hot on Temp Guage Empty on Fuel. Or will I need to put the stock bulbs back in for it to look better.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 PM

blue leds will not light up something in red.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:49 PM

Thanks, that what I thought, just wasn't sure. Back to stock bulbs i guess.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Why don't you just put a couple red LEDs in those areas instead? Switching from LED to incadescent is going to be disappointing..
Old 04-30-2006, 06:33 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It MAY light up somewhat but red is on a completely different wavelength then blue. LEDs don't work like incandescant lighting. They put out a speciffic color of light, not just filtered white.

As Zoned said you can put some red LEDs back there. That would be the best option, but then the areas around the red MAY be slightly purple

Or you could just paint the back of the gauge black to prevent a dimly lit purplish tint. It would be blue with the red areas black and unlit. Dosn't look bad.

You could put in some incandescant lighting back in with the LED lighting. and have the entire thing washed out, still blue tint, but washed out and brighter.

Another option is to use some "Oops!" on that area (if possible) to remove color completely and allow any color light behind the area to shine through. The red areas would then be brighter blue then the normally blue areas.

Overall, the led lighting will look better then the incandescant lighting with the bros gauges. The bros gauges do not have the stock diffusion on the back of the gauges which make the entire thing evenly lit instead of brighter infront of the lights and dimmer further away from the lights.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:35 PM

What if I change over to all white LED's. Would that work out good???
Old 05-01-2006, 12:39 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

No, it would make all your colors washed out and nasty. Remember, primary light colors are different from primary pigment colors(contrary to what most people think, yellow, cyan, and magenta are actually the 3 primary pigment colors, yes, your art teacher was a liar). Red and blue light will actually give you more of a pink or magenta. Red is a primary color, so there is no way to get a pure red without just using a red LED, and since there are blue LEDs so close to it it will be impossible to not have any light leakage, so you may get a little magenta-pink coloring, but that would still be the best option. Use blue and red LEDs.