Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Bros. Gauges

Old 05-07-2004, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are they any good... are they hard to install? i am pondering ordering them from my new other favourite website, www.kspec.com, but i am wondering like when you order them it doesnt say for what year or anything like that. auto or 5 speed and that worries me a bit... can someone fill me in a little... like let say oh i dunno, REDZ for example might know a little about this
Old 05-07-2004, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You know, I thought gauge faces were gonna be one of the hardest installs, but after you take the dash off once, it's easy as hell.

The Bros are very nice, several folks here have them from our GB last year, but, unfortunately, they aren't available in MPH.

As for years, all you need to know is 1st gens are Tiburons and 2nd Gens are Turbulence.

Auto and Manual makes no difference.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:44 PM

thats fine that they arent available in MPH, Canada is on metric so thats a good thing for me.... thanks for the assist REDZ, im going to go ahead and order them now
Old 05-09-2004, 10:51 PM

What Redz said.
Only tricky part is the speedo gauge. That takes some creative engineering wink1.gif

But yeah real easy once you get the dash off. Also, courtesy of Random:
http://www.teamsr.org/installguide/gauge_i...tall/how_to.htm

Pretty straight forward.
Except you can disregard :http://www.teamsr.org/installguide/gauge_i...Gauges_06a.html
The Bros gauges are better quality, and actually have the pin in the correct location.
Also, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT HAVE THE CAR ON, like listening to your stereo when you pull the cluster in and out, YOU WILL HAVE YOUR AIRBAG LIGHT GO ON!!!
Other than that, go wild laugh.gif
Old 05-09-2004, 11:03 PM

thanks guys