Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Broke The Stock Shifter, And Heres The New

Old 07-19-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

So, the other day I was driving down the road, went to shift into 4th and the knob went to the back of the tib, and almost yanked the car out of gear.
I looked down and what do you know, the little plastic part of the shifter was there but the knob was in the back. So after a trip to advance I got my new knob, and decided to pick up some chrome paint. Tell me what you think.

Sorry the pics are really bad, low grade camera, poor lighting, and an oddly timed flash

Hard to see but the trim ring is now very brightly shiny chrome to match the knob.

And without flash

tell me what you think, I will be getting a better camera sometime this week, oh and notice the green surround is GONE!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

lossing the stock knob happen to me before, but i was at the track....it made me almost miss a shift
Old 07-20-2008, 12:03 PM

yea, thats what happened to me, only i wasnt at the track, just went to shift, and the knob moved but the rest of the stick didnt move until i had the clutch out again, and i just about ripped it out of gear 02.gif.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned

knob looks good.. can't tell what the ring looks like though.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:18 PM

yea the ring is really hard to see, but it looks almost exactly like the aluminum rings sold by... um.. i dont remember his name, but its really shiny