Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Boot Sub Set Up

Old 02-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 hyundai coupe 2.0 se

had the base covered in leather.............

needed room in the boot fit the missus shopping in so had some custom built boxes,can be slid backwards to allow access to spare but all the boot was dynomatted too

Old 02-21-2009, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

The finished product could have been cleaner in some of the corners, but very nice overall.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:44 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The leather looks great with the handle and all. I see a couple of things that could use some work though.

Those subs could use some work. That dosn't really look good with the loose carpet. Here's a good suggestion. Take off the carpet, spray some spray glue on it, stretch a cotton shirt across it, paint it with fiberglass resin, then spray spray glue on it and recarpet it. It will come out alot better then the floppy carpet. You can add more layers of fg by using FG weave on top of the shirt and painting on more resin.

The bass control module looks out of place and just randomly thrown in there and bolted on. You should mount that center against the back wall behind the front seats where the people in the back seats put their legs.

Hide the wires from the amplifier with a wire loom or something. Noone wants to see wires. It shows unrefined-ness in a car that the modification left wires hanging out.

here's some older pictures of my setup to show you what I'm talking about. Since then I've removed all the silver and everything is blue, black or chrome with the excpetion of the labels which I left on intentionally.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/D...ed/100_3532.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/D..._0942Medium.jpg
Old 02-21-2009, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, while it does need a bit of touchup work, I really like the boxes. I wish someone here would make those and sell them.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai coupe 2.0 se

i know i know thats cos it was just slung in!!!!
i just havent got round to sortin yet.still gotta wire in all the speakers to the amps,shift the wiring through the back of the boxes which is why the carpet aint been glued down yet.give me chance! im busy at work lol.but yeah i agree they should make these as standard or indeedy as an aftermarket buy.i promise to get round to tidyin it when i finished messing with this overboost
Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Feb 21 2009, 12:54 PM)
Wow, while it does need a bit of touchup work, I really like the boxes. I wish someone here would make those and sell them.

I've said it before, I may as well restate it. If anyone wants a subwoofer box like mine, which uses space QUITE efficiently and allows you access to your spare tire, AND provides 1CUFT of airspace for your subwoofer, I can make them. It would not be cheap because it's not a quick hour and a half job. It takes about 20 hours of work to do it properly and the fiberglass is thick. The walls are more then 1/2" thick (read lots of layers). You name your finish, primer or carpet. It cost about $90 in materials and I'm willing to get all itchy for no less then $8/hour. I would make them for $250 + shipping per box. That's a rock bottom, happy-homey price.