Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Bazooka

Old 08-04-2001, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazooka

I don't want no BIG ASS Soung system. I'm not a big fan of loud music but I would like to add more bass to the stock system. I thought the bazookas were pretty good for that kind of purposes.
Should i get Amplified or Non amplified Bazooka?
How do you hook it up to stock system(IF IT IS AMPLIFIED)

thankss
Old 08-05-2001, 09:02 AM
VIN

I would suggest getting the non-powered bazooka and a small 50 by 2 amp if you don't mind spending a little extra, the amp that is built in to those bazooka's isn't quite as clean as a good quality aftermarket amp. I have installed quite a few with just a small sony Xplod 552 amps, they generally retail at about $120. The amplified bazookas do come with hi-level inputs so you can tap on to the speaker wires going to 2 of your speakers and run the wire straight to the hi-level inputs. The tubes also usually sound the best when you point them at the back of your car, or if you don't mind sacrificing a little more space, point them diagonally into the corner of your cargo area.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:41 AM

Look into other options, I've sold sas products before such as powered and nonpowered bazooka tubes and the only thing I have to say is there JUNk in everyway possible. Try one of those little mtx subs in a prefab box, they'd take up less room and sound better to
erik
Old 08-05-2001, 12:44 PM

I've had 2 pair of non-amplified Bazookas, They sound ok in a hatchback but they sound like sh^t in my Wife's Sonata and I was using a 100w/channel Kicker amp. but 1 8in in my Dodge Grand Caravan rocks pretty darn good. I would also suggest a 10" sub in a Q forms box with a nice 50w/chan amp bridged and you should have a nice bottom end.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:39 PM

Ok let me enlighten some of you guys who think that cannons suck. The "Bazooka" was created to enhance factory sterio performance not to build a store front window shaking system although PRO'S have made these kind of systems. So if you put a cannon in it will sound better than nothing actually they sound pretty good, there cheap, and they take up little space, are easy to remove if you need the space and when you pull them out there are no loose wires. Also if you get one go with the powered reason being the amps they come with are made to run that sub so the performance will be better than if you mix with another amp. So on one hand they aren't the best of quality and on the other they are it all depends on your expectations of the product and how and with what you hook it up.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:39 AM
VIN

The sound you will get from a Bazooka will be very sensitive to how it is placed in the vehicle, Bass is omnidirectional but there are ways in a small enclosed environment to create horns and make them sound louder or cleaner depending on where they are. If I wasn't so obsessed with bass-offs I wouldn't mind having a couple in my own car. I just personally don't like the sound of the amp that they have in the powered tubes.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:56 AM

Sorry Jaws99, the Bazoka tubes aren't good at all, the return rate on them was so high the store stop selling them. You'd be better off turning up the bass on your stereo then buying one and going through the hassels of returning it. They don't tune very well, I'd say 1 in a 100 sound ok at best. Try a small cube setup from mtx or have someone build you a solobaric 10 inch setup up they take up less space then a tube does. Just looking out so you don't make a bad choice.
Keep us post with what you did end up getting.
Erik
Old 08-15-2001, 01:42 PM

Well if you think they suck I won't disagree but like I said the return rate on them is high and I know this first hand but the reason it is high is because crackerheads buy them and think that they are going to stop there heart thats what happens when missinformed customer buy something off of a salesman that doesn't know what there talking about. Once again THEY ARE MADE TO ENHANCE FACTORY STERIO SYSTEMS expecting anything more is just no fesable. So for a cheap and quick fix they are the best way to go.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:52 AM

True, but doesn't mtx make something along the small bump up the stock bass type thing. I remember seeing a little cube with a 10 in it. That would be better than the SAS stuff. I'll look for a link a post what I'm refering to.
Fishy