Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Automatic Shift Knob (SharkAri)

Old 10-14-2001, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Shift Knob (SharkAri)

Anyone know anything about the Shift Knob SharkAri has in her Tib? IT's pretty tight, and I checked out the link she left up for where she got it. I was wondering if you need to do any fabrication to get it to fit, or if it's a "wax on, Wax off" type deal.

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, the site for the knobs, and other stuff is at, Http://www.napolex.com

Here's a link to SharkAri phatty ass tib (as if we all haven't seen it) http://www.teamsr.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.c...ic&f=1&t=000271

Thanks Guys...and Gurls!
Old 10-15-2001, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Pretty sweet stuff:

It also says: The calls are in, everyone likes the Hybrids, everyone wants to put them in their car. So far, as of the last of December, Napolex was making sure that the LV451-455 were used on Nissans and Toyotas wit O/D. But leave it to our customers, we are aware that people have gone as far as putting them on Hyundai, "don't ask me why?" At Napolex we are always concern with the safety of your customers, and it is for that reason, that we decided to research safe applications for the Hybrids. Please see the chart for safe applications.

For Applications that have Over Drive (Non Nissan or Toyota), in particular Mitsubishi, we have encountered OEM knobs with more than two wires. If you come across those applications, Please make sure that the customer has a professional do the work for them, installation at that point becomes more complicated. Mitsubishi in some years has three wires. One wire is the ground, the second wire goes to the warning light, and the third wire goes to the transmission system.

Our LV451 series only has two wires. One is the ground, the other one activates the O/D and the light. In order to use it with a three wire system, isolate the ground and connect to one wire on the new knob; then connect the other two wires to the other wire on the Hybrid. Please remember, this button is only an on & off switch. With Systems with more than 3 wires, make sure that the installer knows the function of each wire before installation.

Different styles:

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: 2000Lo&ShowTibby ]
Old 10-22-2001, 04:25 AM

I'm actually getting one, I was wondering if anyone has replaced thier auto shifter and if there are 2 wires or three. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2001, 05:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

I had that carbon fiber one on my 1987 Nissan Maxima. My mom is drivng it around since i bought my tib. It was a pain in the ass to get it on..A ton of fileng and twisting to get it to slide down on the shaft. Don't know about a tiburon though.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:43 PM

bump - I need to see if anyone has installed a new shifter on an automatic here, thanks. tongue.gif