Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Audiobahn System For Tibby

Old 07-19-2001, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiobahn System For Tibby

Alot of you people know lots about amps, speakers and all of that good stuff. Well I don't. I am getting this tripple 10 inch bandpass box with speakers in it. This is teh decription of it:
High Quality MDF Construction | 2" 4 Layer ASV Voice Coil | Bumped Back Plate | Extended & Vented Pole Piece | Gold Binding Post Terminals | Durable Gray Carpeting | Interior Neon Lighting | Mirrored Interior Panels | 1/2" Plexiglas Window | Triple 10" Molded, Texture Injected Poly Cone | 50 oz. Strontium Magnet | Power Handling: 900 Watts RMS | Sensitivity: 106dB | Frequency Response: 31Hz - 150Hz | Dimensions: 13"(H) x 35.8"(W) x 19.75"(D)

What does all of that mean? What kind of amp should I get? 900 watt amp or am I stupid? I saw a 1200 watt amp for pretty cheap i may get, would that work? The guy at the shop said i should get an 800 watt amp, but its only gonna push 560 watts or something? i know you guys know alot..help me out!
thanks!!!!! sad.gif
Old 07-19-2001, 06:20 AM

Trust me you cant go wrong with Audiobahn!
Old 07-19-2001, 11:02 AM

If you saw it for cheap, it most likely is cheap equipment. You can do much better than Audiobahn, but its not Bad stuff
Old 07-19-2001, 11:18 AM
VIN

Audiobahn is very flashy, good looking and handles boatloads of power but isn't the greatest as far as good, loud, clean bass. I have installed a lot of their product and their higher end stuff is pretty respectable but I have never been impressed with any of their lower end gear. If you just want something in there for something to listen to and don't want to spend too much money than go for it, but if you want some better high end gear I would suggest going with either a higher line of audiobahn or going with another brand of high end product(Rockford Fosgate, JL audio, Eclipse, Cerwin Vega, etc., etc.).
Old 07-19-2001, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the info! Im not gonna be competing or anything...I just want something that will bump good...and I dont have to spend a **** load for. i heard some of these before and i thought they sounded good. I dont know a lot about this stuff though. I listen to both rap and rock and wanna be able to still have good sound quality...but also you can hear me coming from down the road. im gonna get 4 jl audo tweeters.