Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

APC GAUGE P.O.S.!!!!

Old 07-05-2001, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0
Default APC GAUGE P.O.S.!!!!

Just wanted to hear from other people or was the unfortunate sucker how got screwed.....

I bought APC gauges for my 99 tiburon on ebay...so happy to get them....didn't put them in for a while cuz i was too lazy to take my dash apart. After about 3 to 4 hours of taking apart my dash and putting the gauges on. I found two big freakin problems!!!

1. For the speed gauge from apc, it fit fine up till the point where u slip in the rest pin. The damn thing didn't match up. so unfortunately i had to snip off some of the apc gauge to get it to reach the hole.

2. THE BIG PROBLEM!! on the fuel and heat gauge part. APC made the gauges with holes to show the seat belt, highbeam, dooropen, blah blah lights....like 6 or so signs.....the darn thing doesn't match up at all!!! i've tried every way possible and there is no point where every sign shows up completely. so i think about 3/4 of my signs are half covered by those stupid gauges.

Since i spent 4 hours on that thing i just left it looking pretty crappy when those lights go on....didn't want to do that for nothing....next time i plan to take apart my dash for any reason im getting the ones from SR.

Anyone else have this prob or did i get the rejects? good lord...i wanted to return them but it's been so long since the time that i bought them and the fact that i cut the speedo one....oh well stupid P.O.S.

so let this be warning to anyone planning to buy the APC gauges for a 97-99 tiburon.....I GOT SCREWED AND U MAY TOO!
Old 07-05-2001, 03:36 PM

umm i hate to be the one 2 brake it to you but APC only makes guages for 2k+ tibs not 97-99 that would probably be the reason they didnt fit
Old 07-05-2001, 03:40 PM

That sucks
Old 07-05-2001, 03:59 PM

WTF!!!! OMFG!!!! ok, well actually this is ok....well, just to let anyone know....there is a guy on ebay named "kindiglo" and he writes that it fits 99-2001 tibs but it DOES NOT FIT 99 TIBS PROPERLY!! well, at least now i can b!tch at him and get my money back.heehee thanks. anyways, viper, do you know how i can put the fuse thing back together for my cig lighter? thanks for the help
Old 07-05-2001, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The yahoo selling those gauges is wrong, as you found out.

Hyunda changed the gauge faces in the 2000+ models.

The thing that is weird, is that you are the first person to say you could not get the Fuel/Temp section to fit right.

The White gauge faces that Shark Racing sells work for Gen1 and Gen2 tiburons in the fuel/temp gauges, so you should be able to get the APC gauges to work on the Fuel/Temp gauges.

Any chance you have access to a digital Camera? I would love to see the photos of where the glo gauges did not work for you.

P.S. I knew about the speedo needle rest pin. That is the only gauge change between gen1 and gen2. If you remove the rest pin, and glue it into the hole on the indiglo gauges, it works fine.
Old 07-05-2001, 06:10 PM

yea, i can send you a pic tomorrow. well, the only difference that i could find with those and the sharkracing ones were that the sharkracing ones (i think) don't have holes to use the standard lighting for the signs, from what i remember they cover up the whole section right? signs included....im pretty sure....well, ill just send you a pic and hope i can get some help, ill also send you a pic of my fuse prob if you can help me out with that too...thanks random
Old 07-05-2001, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Check your other thread for answers to your fuze and gauge install questions/problems.
Old 07-06-2001, 12:17 AM

Hey Random, when he mails you the pics throw 'em up here I wanna see! tongue.gif
Old 07-06-2001, 04:09 AM

weit is quite easy for the guy to be mistaken because apc lists their products as fitting 99+ tibs which means 2k-2001 but they just made it harder didnt they
Old 07-11-2001, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Here are the photos. Sorry it took me so long. I lost this e-mail