Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Amp Question

Old 09-19-2005, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-4-Ch...roductDetail.do
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Infinity-4-...roductDetail.do
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-4-C...roductDetail.do

I have 6 1/2" infinity refrences (RMS 50w I think) in the front and 6x9" polks(RMS 100w) in the rear and was wonderin if I would notice a diffrence if I got a amp. I am thinking of getting the one of the links above. I am tryin to go as cheap as possiable. I am not sure about the infinity because it is kind of pricey. I in no way ever plan to put in subs so dont need nothing to fancy. I am just looking for more crisp and less distored sound and a little more bass responce. The Pioneer seems the best bang for my buck what do you think?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:15 PM

You dont want anything that is over powering. Pioneer isnt a bad amp but the kicker amps are stable and last a while. Ive got a kicker 400.4 on my infinitys and they sound awesome. You will notice a difference after adding the amp. Just make sure you tune it right and itll blow you away!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I work at the CC roadshop up here in B-Lo and personally I think the infinity sounds the cleanest out of all the amps we carry. It gives you 111watts per channel which is astounding. It is pricey though like you said. Any power is better than no power, so even if you got the pioneer it would sound better than just running on the HU. But if you listen to the pioneer and then listen to the Infinity you will hear quite a difference. You have a good speaker combo so you won't be dissapointed.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:57 PM

I will probley have to change my stock HU out right? That is one thing I realy wish I didnt have to do because I love the looks of it. Ya I will most likley get the pioneer seeing I can get it for about $145 shipped on ebay.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 PM

I just installed an alpine mrt-t220 amp and hooked it up to my alpine type-s 6x9's. I have infinity's up front just hooked up to the deck. I noticed a huge difference. I can turn my deck as loud as it goes and nothing distorts, hurts your ears though smile.gif