Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Am I Useless?

Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i went out and bought a roll of dynomat and did my trunk this evening, i finsihed and everything was good i turn the sub gain almost to max and my spoiler starts to vibrate i max it out and it goes nuts so does my windshield and all that, did i just not use the dynomat properly or is there just to much base. My trunk doesn't vibrate but my shark spoiler does. It makes me real mad because the lgiht on the spoiler makes an annoying noise.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Does it sound bad when you open the trunk?

You may need to tighten the bolts on your spoiler. Also, find out where it's rattling and put some 3M double sided tape on it.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:34 PM

ya when i open it it's fine, when i hold down the spoiler its fine. i tried tightning the bolts it still vibrates like crazy. I think i just got to much base. but would it work if i took off the spoiler and dynomatted under it where it joins up to the car to stop it from vibrating as bad?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Take the liner off of the hatch, and you can dynamat the hatch, that should help a bit I would think.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I would use mounting tape between the surfaces around the bolts. I did that on my spoiler. I do not use dynamat. Mine stopped vibtating. I say 3M mounting tape because it's much more flexable then dynamat. It's spongy and bounces back. Dynamat will mold to a shape and become hard durring the winter, it expands and contracts too. So winter time it will take up less space, summer it will take up more. If you use 1mm thick 3M foam mounting tape (preferable) or standard automotive mounting tape, it will work better.

If what zoned said, and what I said do not help, then see the owners manual of your stereo for more info. I'm not sure about your stereo, but Hyundai was nice enough to give us a volume control on the stock one. heheh..
Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM

ya i already did that zoned did the whole thing, its just the spoiler il go buy some mounting tape see what happens shud i use the tape around my windows too?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

looks like a first model SE you got there judging by the rims. but if that spoiler is aftermarket then you need spacers.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:51 PM

first model SE? that a bad thing i didn't know much about tibs when i boguht them i'm just glad i picked 1 up with a BETA II not BETA I, but the spoiler is stock it's the stock one on the SE or "FX" models.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM

how much bass you pushing? i have the same model as you nd 300RMS 12" doesn't rattle anything.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

it just does that man, i have my entire car from the doors back in dyna mat and you just cant stop some of the rattles. once you have a system for so long you kinda just " bang the car out" and it will allways have some rattle to it. i know my spoiler and hatchglass are the worst. i had to take out the big plastic peice on the top of the hatch out because it wouldnt screw in tight anymore.