Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

To All Those Who Said It Couldn't Be Done ..

Old 04-27-2005, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

now that we know it CAN be done, i'll actually wire something to the two extra switches once i get some extras from somewhere..i've put the switches back on the right side where they belong until i get the extras, then i'll mess around more.
if there's some people interested i could write a DIY i suppose, but the hardest part is getting the dash off tongue.gif

the defrost switch would fit, but the curvature of the dash is supposed to 'flow' into the switch, and with the defrost one on top there it looks horrible.

as you can see, the cruise switch isn't perfect with matching up, but you don't notice unless you look from the side at this sort of angle.

that works nice? smile.gif
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 PM

ummm creative..

now.. .how about you do something to the apc gauges... tongue.gif
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 PM

lol, i have SR ones sitting here ... i actually sort of the like apc ones though .. i don't know, does everyone really think they're ugly?
Old 04-27-2005, 04:05 PM

they dont look bad man.. i just well.. dont like apc
lol

Then again.. most people here dont like SR...

Just stick to the ones YOU like the most..

Nice cruise/defrost button mod..

Its something i thought about doing when i had my 1st gen dash. I wanted one of those to be my nitrous switch
lol
Old 04-27-2005, 04:21 PM

i also don't like APC, but it's just a small little logo. i just kind of like EL vs a crapload of LEDs even though the job tibby01 did on yours jaws is really nice.

i decided a 2nd gen dash conversion is a little too much work for me, so i decided to just try and work with my 1st gen smile.gif
i just need someone who has a parts car so i can get the extra switches+housing

i just noticed this .. for most people that use their fog lights you'll probably want to keep your fog switch there rather than my cruise switch. it looks a little funny because it is seated lower, but it still works.

if someone from UK (Dmitry/Hobgoblin?! wink1.gif) could just get us these switches we wouldn't have to do all this work..maybe this thread will remind some people.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:29 PM

So...ummm...I guess what you're saying is...it can be done huh?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

It can be done but it looks ugly. Don't get me wrong zoned19 you soooo proved me wrong, as I was blasting you about it in the chat room.

But........

Fact of the matter is they really don't fit. I guess if you want to do it that way it's totally your call. I just don't like how they are angled wrong. Just something that would get on my nerves real quick.

Honestly though, good job man.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The RD2 switches work tongue.gif
Old 04-27-2005, 08:16 PM

QUOTE (silvertibbs @ Apr 28 2005, 01:48 AM)
It can be done but it looks ugly. Don't get me wrong zoned19 you soooo proved me wrong, as I was blasting you about it in the chat room.

But........

Fact of the matter is they really don't fit. I guess if you want to do it that way it's totally your call. I just don't like how they are angled wrong. Just something that would get on my nerves real quick.

Honestly though, good job man.

they're angled fine, and they don't stick or anything at all. the only thing you'll notice is the close up shot that i took of the cruise control up above
that is exactly how they're angeled normally too, in fact the top button is the OEM 'blank' and in perspective to that button, the other two i made look just fine.
of course i WOULD rather have the OEM ones imported from UK, but if that's not gonna happen i'll have to make do. i'm using this to wire up my haloz and my street glo. nitrous (like jaws said) would be cool too. it sure beats drilling a hole through the blank and sticking a toggle switch in there.

QUOTE (Casper @ Apr 28 2005, 02:01 AM)
The RD2 switches work tongue.gif

yeah yeah yeah, fu. lol.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Today I contacted 2 dealers and they told me that they have never ordered washer switches and that it would be hard to do. And if you order you should wait 2 month for the part to come. :angry:

BTW
UK = United Kingdom
UA = Ukraine (I'm from UA)