Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Alarm System

Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM
sam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 08 Sonata
Default Alarm System

So a couple of weeks ago my battery died while i was in the movies. The next day we went out and got a new one and it all worked like normal. The next morning i go out and jump into my car to leave and my car is as dead as a door nail. Well we take it to Sears (where I bought my Die Hard battery from) and they figure out that the corrosion from the battery traveled up one of the wires and corroded it until it broke, because of this it was continuously drawing power from the battery. Alright that was the back story now to my question. After all of this my alarm system doesnt work quite right. The horn doesnt work with the system. The locks still lock and unlock with the remote and the panic button still works, but the horn doesnt. When you push the lock button twice the horn should chirp saying that the system is armed. The horn should also sound when you push the panic button along with the flashing lights, well it doesnt. Im pretty sure that the alarm worked after i installed the new battery but i think after it went completely dead, like not a single light on the dashboard or door lights, something happened. The horn still does work when you push the button, just not with the alarm. I was just wondering if any of you have any idea with what is wrong with it. Thanks for any help or ideas.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I hope someone here can help, but this seems like a question for the Technical Support section of the manufacturer of your alarm.