Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Accessory Wiring Question

Old 10-10-2001, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory Wiring Question

Well, i finally got around to hard-wiring the power for my radar detecter to the tibby.

I used the ciggy lighter power with an inline fuse and toggle..etc. This setup was just a test to see if i had the memory and the dicipline to do it.

I have lots of lil accessories that i intend to wire up and setup switch panels, but what i want to do is conect a terminal strip to a pos lead and a terminal strip to the neg lead(preferrably to keyed power) and i will to my voltage and current calculations to make sure i don't overload it. I'm using terminal strips so i can expand my accessory scheme without completly ripping apart my dash each time.

SO...the question is...is there a point underneath where i can patch in my terminal strips, or would my first impression of running a pos and neg cable with heavy gauge wire be the way to go?? The heavy gauge is already run for an unused amp, but i'd like to patch in if i could??

btw, the center console is excellent for reaming a hole and mounting puch button and toggle switches.

Chris