Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

97-00 B&M short shifter

Old 04-18-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: headlight power supply???? where is it!!!!!

Hey...

quick question. there is a guy on ebay selling a B&M shortshifter for the 97-00 tiburon and he is offering it to me for 70 bux.... will this fit my 2000 tibby or not... ???

EDIT: this short shifter has a blue bottom on it... if this has anything to do with what car it will work on
Old 04-18-2004, 09:31 PM

Yes it will fit.
But I betcha if you wait another week or so, there will be A LOT going on sale here from the guys who got the RSide
Also I think Redz is selling his.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:37 PM

thats cool... 70 bux is pretty cheap tho... its brand new not ever used. one thing tho... is the b and m shifter very short... like compared to stock... i want a short throw shifter that is kinda shorter than stock...
Old 04-18-2004, 10:12 PM

Yes the throw is definetly shorter than stock, but not as short as say the RSide advanced (according to Redz, since he had both, which is slightly shorter than the B&M) nor is it as short as the RSide Basic (SR) But the shifting on that Basic SS, is VERY NOTCHY! Feels like you're forcing it in gear everytime! I don't like it.

If I had a choice now, I'd get the RSide.
The B&M is a nice shifting SS. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:35 PM

is it shorter in height also though... it looks like the B&M shifter (in the pics of the DIY on B&M website) is a little bit taller than stock
Old 04-18-2004, 10:45 PM

QUOTE (cdogtibby1)
is it shorter in height also though... it looks like the B&M shifter (in the pics of the DIY on B&M website) is a little bit taller than stock

It's an illusion, it's shorter. I think it's because of the stupid B&M knob. Threw that out once I saw it. Looked too "american" for my taste.
Here's a pic of mine, I'm sure you've seen it.
It's got a Juntos knob on it. If you want it, ask Rick over at REAL or David at KSpec. I got a few from Rick a while ago, I'm sure he can still get them.

http://www.hyundai-owners.com/images/owner...cture%20028.jpg
Old 04-18-2004, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: headlight power supply???? where is it!!!!!

Okay, here we go, the B&M with the blue bottom will fit. It actually doesn't matter for color, it's only the 2001's with the white shift plate that can't use the standard B&M.

As for height, the B&M is denfiately a bit shorter than OEM height, but it's way to tall. The B&M is decent, but after having the 2, I'd never, EVER get the B&M or recommend it again. The shifts with the RSide Advanced are so smooth, light and precise that I couldn't ever see using the B&M again. Serious.

KayJay (KY), you need to try one of these out man, get one of the guys up there to give you a shot at it. You'll sell your B&M in about 2 seconds.

The Rside Advanced is actually quite a bit shorter than the B&M when installed, it doesn't look like it in the comparison pictures, but it's WAY shorter overall when installed.