Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

White Veloster turbo -photochop

Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default White Veloster turbo -photochop

Spent the last hour or so doing a couple chops of the Veloster turbo. I am hoping to get one in white, come August or September. I couldn't find any pictures released in white or anything other than the Matte Grey on Hyundai's website so I made my own, just to see roughly how it would look after my 'touches'.

I would definitely want to drop it (pic is dropped about 1.5-2") spray the stock rims, clear out the orange in front headlights and tint the tails (and windows)

Shading obviously isn't quite right because the way I did the color change, but o well.. good enough idea!!

I think the Veloster turbo (if modded a bit [subtle exterior and some breathing mods and suspension]) will make a hell of a bad arse hatchback. Really crossing my fingers to be able to get one when they hit the dealers..

I am really hoping that the preliminary reports of a 7-8 second STOCK 0-60 are not right though.. would make for a pretty darn slow out of the box stock turbo vehicle..

If, in fact it is going to be 2800lb.. the 201 hp should put it at a more respectable ~6.5 second 0-60 mile time.. Hopefully the lower gear ratios aren't THAT bad to push it into the 7-8 second realm..

Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

low and behold.. after doing the chops... i found pics of it in white.. fml!! haha
Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by turbosocks
If, in fact it is going to be 2800lb.. the 201 hp should put it at a more respectable ~6.5 second 0-60 time..
Fixed it for ya.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

hahahah.. yeah.. a little mishap there!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

If, in fact it is going to be 2800lb..
I thought it was going to be around the 2,500lb range at least 2,600... that sort of throws me off.

I like the concept of the car, but it's a weird design no matter what is done to it. If it was more rounded (even in the profile, or like the Mini Cooper) it would actually be pretty cool. The centered exhaust is about the only thing I like out of the exterior design. I'm glad that you're planning to return.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

If I was willing to tinker with another Hyundai this would be it. Refreshing and enjoyable to see. Loving the new restyles in alot of vehicles starting to show up. Far cry from last few years all looking the same. (Saab front end now on a Taurus anyone?) But that SHO Ford is cool looking too. Anyway I off topicsed myself. Sah weet deal. I look forward to seeing alot of pics on what people do with this whole new toy out there. Unfortunately this guy is out of the market for tinker toys, but benchwarming can't be too bad.