Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

Rally Veloster Specs

Old 01-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default Rally Veloster Specs

Anyone know the engine specs of the Rally Velosters? Are they N/A or Turbo?

Old 01-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Turbo.

When I saw under the hood when they were just freshly built the Velosters were running turbo Beta engines. I was told that they were waiting on a suitable Veloster turbo engine to be made available to them, but I don't know if they ever switched over after the beginning of the season.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:21 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Beta would make sense, it's a battle proven motor.

Of course we all know my opinion of the Veloster turbos engine/setup.

This make me want to pick up a V in a few years a beta swap it. Just for funzies

Too many future projects lining up here. I'm going to need a bigger garage and budget.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I wonder if the suspension has anything to do with the road going car

or the chassis

or the driver
Old 01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Chassis was a heavily reinforced version of the Veloster chassis with some additional modifications but really pretty close. Suspension it was hard to tell but there were reinforced strut tops, I don't remember for sure if there were caster plates but I think so. I don't think I saw one with the wheel off and this was before the Velosters were available in the states so I don't know if I would have been positive on subtle differences.

Rhys Millen went over the car with a small group of us, it was pretty cool. He's been a really great guy ever time I've met him. RMR also got us into the GRC for free.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Originally Posted by 187sks
Suspension it was hard to tell but there were reinforced strut tops, I don't remember for sure if there were caster plates but I think so. I don't think I saw one with the wheel off and this was before the Velosters were available in the states so I don't know if I would have been positive on subtle differences.

This is what interests me the most. I can somewhat understand mcpherson struts making their way onto the rally car, but the torsion beam rear end is a nasty piece of work at the best of times. Jacking it up, clanging it over rocks, and trying to adjust it would all be hell on earth for a presssed-for-time rally team.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster

I'm sure the springs on them were pretty heavily beefed up too and had a high spring rate.