Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

How long was your test drive?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default How long was your test drive?

When you went to test drive your V, how long did you take the car out for? Were you easy on it, or did you drive it like you stole it just to see how well it handled and performed?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I like to spend at least 15 minutes driving the car in as many conditions as possible. Lug it up hills, slam on the brakes, hit speed humps, take it on the freeway, put some heavy luggage or fat friends in the back etc.

My test drive procedure varies only slightly between new and used cars. Cars cost a significant amount of money, the dealer can just suck it up because I'm making sure that this car is legit before they get their comission.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think I spent about a half hour driving 2 or 3 brand new Gen Coupes at a local dealer before I bought mine from a dealer an hour away. Then once I got to that dealer, I drove it a good 40-45 min all over just to make sure it was still in immaculate condition (bought it used).