Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

Handbuilt Veloster Parts from Nameless Performance, Inc.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 MkIV Golf 2.Slo Shop Truck
Default Handbuilt Veloster Parts from Nameless Performance, Inc.

Hi All,

My name is Jason Griffith and I'm the Engineering Director at Nameless Performance, Inc. We're a small engineering and performance automotive fabrication shop in La Center, WA. Most of our business is in the Subaru world, but we have recently invested a lot of time in Optima, Sonata, Genesis and Veloster performance parts and plan on doing a lot more in the future. To let you know a little about us, our shop is made up entirely of enthusiasts who had day jobs designing and manufacturing a variety of engineered products (Industrial Manufacturing, Performance & Industrial Automotive & Marine, Aircraft, Robotics & Motion Control, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, etc). Most of us have worked as Welders & Fabricators, Pipe Fitters, R&D Engineers, Drafters, Mechanical Engineers, Computer Engineers, and Product Development Managers. But honestly, we're most at home when we're wrenching on cars and designing cutting edge products without the limits often imposed by the companies we used to work for. So we started this shop. We're located in the middle of the woods on a 5 acre parcel in the relative middle of nowhere. It's a great place to work and we care immensely about enjoying what we do and making our customers happy with their purchases. All of our products are manufactured either right here in our shop and our components are generally sourced within ~35 miles of our location. We work with a number of other manufacturing businesses to compliment our capabilities and we also do a lot of private label work for other performance automotive and industrial companies. As far as we know, we are the only company in the USA who actually makes double walled exhaust tips in house. On most occasions we make our own mufflers for our designs entirely in-house using high density, thermally resistant ceramic wool packing materials and 100% TIG Welded T304 Stainless components.

Anyhow, enough about who we are...I figured I'd drop by to give you all an update on the product development progress we have made with the 2012 Veloster 1.6 GDi engine as well as what we have cooking in the near future for your cars.

We had a customer come up about two weeks ago and we built out a fender located cold air intake as well as installed a set of our urethane rear motor mount bushings in his car. This week, we had another customer from Seattle drop her car off for the week and we just finished out our short ram intake w/ cold air box as well as our full catback exhaust. The sound and fitment turned out excellent, but we have some plans to offer a few different configurable options (available as the full CatBack, midpipe or AxleBack exhaust portions as well as various tip and catalytic converter options) on the exhaust In addition, we took the time to build a fixture off of the factory manifold and downpipe so that we can build an equal length, high flow catted, stainless header as well as an optional catless long tube 4-2-1 or 4-1 header. We also made up a braided stainless clutch line to replace the rubber factory model. All of our brake and clutch lines are DOT Certified, not just 'Built to DOT specifications' (a common way for companies to skirt around the fact that they haven't passed a DOT whip test nor do they have traceability on the components that go into their lines...kinda important when you're talking about brakes).

In addition to those developments we were able to yard the entire shifter assembly out of the Veloster and we used our 6 Axis ROMER Absolute digitizing arm/portable CMM to map out the entire shifter assembly and we have some great plans in store for short throw shifter development as well as upgraded shifter mount bushings (the factory uses low durometer [hardness] rubber mounts with steel sleeved inserts). We also have an air oil separator design in the works (not your typical 'can with a screen door screen in it,' either). We have also mapped the entire lower engine bay with our digitizing arm and have plans for an aluminum front skidplate/undertray to cut down on road noise as well as a kick out, deep sump oil pan to increase oil capacity. Lots to make the car go faster and sound better, but we haven't forgotten brakes. We plan on dialing in a few stages of braking upgrades including our DOT Certified braided brake lines, upgraded Hawk HPS street brake pads or Hawk HP+ track brake pads. I've got the HP+'s on my MkIV Golf Shop Truck and although they're a little on the noisy side at low speeds, I can confidently say that they have saved my ass on a number of occasions. Beyond that we're also interested in offering custom aluminum hat rotors featuring Disc Brake Australia 'Kangaroo Paw' friction material and some flavor of upgraded caliper (whether that's a Wilwood Dynalite or a 6 Pot Brembo will just come down to what makes the most sense at the time). So far we're pretty confident that an off the shelf 4 piston Brembo with a custom rotor should do the trick.

We've really enjoyed working on these cars and we hope to have a lot more development in store for the Veloster market. Personally, I am waiting to check out the Turbo model as I really like the functionality of the car and the interior/exterior styling. Might be the next addition to our stable here at Nameless Performance.

Photos/videos linked below. I'll start individual threads for each of the products as well, but for now we'd love to know what else you're looking for in your cars. So I'll close with an open ended question:

In addition to the products listed above, what other items would you be interested to see available for your cars?

Jason Griffith

Engineering Director

Nameless Performance, Inc.

http://shop.namelessperformance.com

http://facebook.com/namelessperformance

http://youtube.com/namelessperformance

Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2000 MkIV Golf 2.Slo Shop Truck

Here's a quick shot of our full catback for the Veloster.

Configuration details:

Twin mufflers featuring straight through, zero restriction design, high density thermally resistant ceramic wool packing, 100% handbuilt and TIG welded in-house.

Single 200 Cell High Flow Catalytic Converter (Configurable as catless, catted, or resonated)

Factory fit tailpipe tips for perfect fit to the factory garnish plate.

All rubber factory exhaust hangers replaced with high durometer urethane exhaust hanger bushings.

Quick walk-through of the exhaust system...soundtrack is NOT the sound of the exhaust, just Climb Dance playing in the background while I was taking the video.

Close up of the rear tailpipe fabrication. No AutoTIG Polished Chinese parts here, rest assured.

A shot of the prototype Short Ram Intake featuring a closed (shown open) cold air box which draws from the fender and features a bulkhead design for full seal and mounting solution, T304 stainless construction, Nameless Performance Conical Filter featuring AEM DryFlow Media, 4 layer silicone couplers and Breeze Liner Clamps for a perfect concentric seal. Many options will be available - wrinkle black or red powdercoat and optional anodizing or powdercoat on the airbox:

A photo of our prototype Stepped Long Tube Cold Air Intake w/ in-fender filter location. Design features a 3.5" primary pipe diameter and two velocity building reductions prior to the throttle for maximum torque. Hydroshield recommended for climates that require river fording capabilities :-P.

Urethane Rear Motor Mount Bushings (there are two, one is behind the mount point inside the subframe. The arm just unbolts, then you unbolt a retainer off of the stack of bushings, pull em off and put two new ones in, maybe a 20 minute job, tops:

Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Looks great. The wife is most likely getting a Veloster turbo, I know who I will be handing it over to!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Awesome job, Jason! Keep us updated with your progression!! Exciting to see the evolution of parts for the Veloster!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2012 HYundai Veloster

Subscribed!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

Looks good. What have you done for the Hyundai Genesis coupe if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 2012 HYundai Veloster

Originally Posted by jason@nameless
Here's a quick shot of our full catback for the Veloster.

Configuration details:

Twin mufflers featuring straight through, zero restriction design, high density thermally resistant ceramic wool packing, 100% handbuilt and TIG welded in-house.

Single 200 Cell High Flow Catalytic Converter (Configurable as catless, catted, or resonated)

Factory fit tailpipe tips for perfect fit to the factory garnish plate.

All rubber factory exhaust hangers replaced with high durometer urethane exhaust hanger bushings.

Quick walk-through of the exhaust system...soundtrack is NOT the sound of the exhaust, just Climb Dance playing in the background while I was taking the video.

Close up of the rear tailpipe fabrication. No AutoTIG Polished Chinese parts here, rest assured.

A shot of the prototype Short Ram Intake featuring a closed (shown open) cold air box which draws from the fender and features a bulkhead design for full seal and mounting solution, T304 stainless construction, Nameless Performance Conical Filter featuring AEM DryFlow Media, 4 layer silicone couplers and Breeze Liner Clamps for a perfect concentric seal. Many options will be available - wrinkle black or red powdercoat and optional anodizing or powdercoat on the airbox:

A photo of our prototype Stepped Long Tube Cold Air Intake w/ in-fender filter location. Design features a 3.5" primary pipe diameter and two velocity building reductions prior to the throttle for maximum torque. Hydroshield recommended for climates that require river fording capabilities :-P.

Urethane Rear Motor Mount Bushings (there are two, one is behind the mount point inside the subframe. The arm just unbolts, then you unbolt a retainer off of the stack of bushings, pull em off and put two new ones in, maybe a 20 minute job, tops:

So.........that's it?
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2012 / Veloster

They also have a bolt on rear sway bar available now.

Edit ---

n/m I just saw that John posted it in their own vendor forum

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...-bar-released/