Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

DAMN YOU ROCK CHIPS!

Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default DAMN YOU ROCK CHIPS!

Had to drive into a construction site yesterday that had a dirt and rocky parking lot. I drove very slow in and out of it but some how I still managed to get 3 chips in my hood. Should I get some paint pens and dab the chips or will it look crappy? Should I just have the hood repainted? I want it to last and not look discolored or stupid.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

why not just wrap the hood in matte black vinyl?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Use touch-up paint you get from your dealer, and dab it on. Try to feather the edges with a business card while it's wet and then forget about it. Don't sand or you'll damage nearby clear; use rubbing compound to do any smoothing, but don't even do that unless it just looks terrible. The paint will be close enough unless you are at a show.

Also, forget about keeping a car looking nice. It will get trashed, but that is the nature of driving. If you want to keep a car pristine, trailer to shows and never drive between shows. Otherwise get used to the idea of chips, dents, and scratches.

You'll MULTIPLY the cost of a car if you repaint a panel every time you get a chip, and it will look like ass anyhow because an exact match is difficult - doing it 10 times running is unlikely at best.