Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

Can a good high quality amp improve OEM sound?

Old 08-24-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster
Default Can a good high quality amp improve OEM sound?

I want to leave my OEM system (cd player) Toying around with ideas, and I just don't know, I've always had an aftermarket unit in previous cars so I don't know how much it matters. From what im reading, adding an amp to an OEM unit, still isn't going to have good sound quality. I know I'll have louder music because the stock cd player only puts out a few watts. I would change my speakers obviously to handle the more power but will the OEM unit still cause the sound to be not that great?
Old 08-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Only at louder listening levels, unless the amp in the OEM head unit is absolute crap. If your HU's amp is struggling at your normal listening levels, then it will sound much better with a higher power amplifier.

Of course, it will also allow you to make yourself deaf sooner, but it seems it's no use warning most people against listening to music too loud.