Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

ab-b 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo: July/August 2013

Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default ab-b 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo: July/August 2013

Filed under: Performance, Hatchback, Hyundai, Long-Term Garage

If you've been reading the past several updates on our long-term 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, you may have noticed a trend developing. This is a flawed vehicle. Not critically so, but for many of our editors, this vehicle's annoying attributes are indeed outweighing the good. What may not be obvious, though, is that the deck is kind of stacked against the Turbo model.

See, a Veloster with its base powertrain and less of the gimmicky, look-at-me styling is a solid, fashion-forward, nicely packaged hatchback at a good price. Our issues haven't so much been with the Veloster itself, but with the unfulfilled expectations of hot-hatchery that the Turbo brings to the equation.

For this update, then, I will focus on a common bridge between the two Veloster models: the cars' top-end infotainment systems. Tack on the Style and Tech packs on the standard Veloster or the Ultimate Package on a Veloster Turbo, and you'll get the same Blue Link infotainment system, touchscreen navigation and eight-speaker Dimension stereo (a standard item on the VT).Continue reading 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo: July/August 2013

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo: July/August 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article
Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Or.... and I'm just going to throw this idea out here... How about performance? Because the one I drove was a complete pile of sh*t. The turbo just kind of slammed on all of the sudden, but it still didn't feel like it was at full boost. There was no build, no real pressure to speak of, and even with the lag, it came on at such and awkward moment that driving off boost wasn't really an option. With mods I could fix this, but the point in buying a boosted hot hatch is that I won't have to mod it to make it work. I have driven LOTS of cars as of recent, and even for the price it was honestly very embarrassing. I'd love to see this car done right. I want so much to love it, and maybe that was the most heartbreaking fact of all.