Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

What's Wrong with my Peddle?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default What's Wrong with my Peddle?

Lately my gas peddle feels like it has dead spots in it. I have been watching the tach to see if it is at certain rpms but its not. The car is idling just fine. However, when I am driving (usually slower speeds) my peddle just doesn't seem to work at times. What I end up doing is pushing in on the clutch peddle and letting out to avoid a hard lurch when the peddle kicks in. I am thinking it is the TPS. What are your suggestions?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:17 PM

I have the same thing after installing the BBTB it helps if you rev you engine a little first before you shift .. it won't lurch. It lurches really bad if you take you foot completly off and let the rpm wind down then hit the gas easy.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

id say tps as the first thing to check. bust out the multimeter....

http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...0617#_394880617

also, have someone push on it slowly while you look at the tb to see if anything is amiss.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:55 AM

I'd say it's the bbtb if were both experiecing the exact same problem lol. Does anyone else with col's bbtb have the same prob? Col does yours do this?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 AM

I had a similar prob and took my car to hyundai and it turned out that both my mass airflow sensor and my throttle possition sensor were bad. i would guess it's the throttle position sensor. i'm not sure how much it costs, it was covered by waranty.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:15 AM

Again i say what's the chances of both ours going bad? Would a bbtb cause tps to go bad? I don't think so, i believe we just need to fine tune the bbtb. Col if you have an insight throw it this way 2thumbs.gif
Old 03-23-2005, 05:40 PM

Just a thought... what size Throttle Body are you running, and did it start right afterwards? I think perhaps if it started right after the installation, you are dealing with a "stall" as the air flowing through the TB and into the Intake is loosing velocity.

If this problem started quite some time after the installation of the larger TB.. sorry, you are on your own. Most likely it is an electical gremlin of some sort.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Agree totally. Col's TBs are 62mm right? Might've been a hair too big.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:10 PM

Nooooooooooo lol ... Yeah mine started directly after the install. I'm going to assume java would also be wondering about a fix. So here's the question, if it is an air velocity issue would adding an air ram better the situation? Anything else you fellas can think of? RRRRRRR.. i's beeeees a thread hijacker ...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

With the longer runners, larger plenum, and larger inlet diameter, it would probably wouldn't do any good. I still would check all the sensors first, and the butterfly inside the TB to see if its sticking.