Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

What Car Alarm Do You Use?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at getting a car alarm for my tib and was wondering what others are using.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 PM

I've got a Python 460HP with Keyless entry. The actuator for the door was an extra 30 bucks, but it's worth it. It isn't very sensitive though. I had to smack it pretty hard to get the warning chirp.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

im using an asianwolf fm2.0 2-way paging alarm. it works pretty good and it was only 99 bucks when i bought it. check em out on ebay
Old 11-23-2007, 06:15 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

hey optimoprime, what do you think of the asianwolf alarm?

heard mixed reviews on his stuff, you get alot for the amount you spend but heard the quality is rather lacking and the stuff just slowly degrades until it just eventually dies, rather discouraging cause i was planning to get some of his stuff cause like i said, you get alot for how much ya spend lol
Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 AM

I forget which viper one I had installed in the tiburon, but I do remember what it did and the cost and so my guess would be Viper 350HV. Worked fine for me except I had to adjust the sensitivity here and there. After we installed it was sensitive that the wind would sometimes set it off...but other then that it did what I needed it for. fing02.gif
Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

the asian wolf alaram is the best for the money. i will say that its not as sharp as when i first bought it but it still goes off when doors/hatch are opened and thats what i'm most worried about. i have a stereo so i need to have a nice alarm, i would say that ifyour looking to buy just 1 alarm ever this isnt the product for you.

but i've had mine for a little over a year now and i'm still happy with it, but i probably will have to replace it in the next year or two. but for all you get for 99 bucks, its not a big deal to buy one every 3/4 years. there is no reason to have an alarm if you cant hear it go off and the 2-way pager takes care of me for that.

and they have pretty good customer service as well, at one point i had a problem and they were more then willing to take it back and warrenty the brain for tha alarm. i never did because i couldnt take NOT have an alarm so i just dealt with the dome lights not coming on.

here is a link to my alarm
http://asianwolf.com/item.jhtml;$sess...mp;PRID=1439801

if you wait till a little closer to holidays they allways have sales where you can get upgraded accessorys for free, or free extra remotes for the holidays.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ive got the CompuStar 2W900FMR. It is the alarm starter combo cuz you need the starter for the cold winters up here in Canada lol. The alarm is very senstive it will go off in a thunder storm or when a loud truck goes by it will set it off, but i really like it.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

ya it is a pretty good deal, i think i might get one around december even if i end up having to replace it in a couple years its still a good deal
Old 11-23-2007, 03:03 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've got a dealer installed Omega, it came with the car and was well installed with an ignition kill when activated. I equipped it with a siren in place of the horn, strobes, anti-theft warning indicators, and a moving body sensor. If you get within 1" of my windows, it shreaks like a mutha, waking up everyone in the neighborhood and looks like a disco floor.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:07 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Sounds like good stuff! But would I be able to install a car alarm that came with the tibs from the dealership? Im looking for something as simple as possible, Im not used to having a car with so much electronic stuff so maybe if i put in one off another tib id could just "plug it it" without having to splice into the wires.