Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

What is the best way to start with an automatic......??

Old 11-01-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Makeshift Show and Go

Hey, anyone......... I have read a lot of post I raced with some car, and I had him, and other that he had me.... and i see that almost everyone has a manual tranny, and I wonder, for us that we have a auto tranny, which way are the best way to start from cero in our cars?.....

anyone knows an advice or a trick ?!?!.......

When I go to the track,,, ( here is a 1/8 ) when the lights come to green I just press the gas as much as my leg can..... i dont know if that is good or I テつエm doing something wrong, i always do 13 second in the 1/8.... anycar that i have raced beat me...... i dont know if Iテつエm doing something wrong or its cuz the auto tranny or its both....

what do you think?!....

Old 11-01-2004, 08:01 AM

Default Re: LEDS for interior lights?

There are no inexpenisve tricks/modifications that will give you a quicker start from a stop [zero] with an Automatic Transmission.

However, it is possible for you to compete with manual trans cars if you ware willing to spend the money and upgrade the auto torque converter. Level 10 is a company here in the USA that offers such a unit for our cars, I believe the cost is $800.00 [shipping is extra] with a core unit. Also, you may want to incorporate a trans cooling system to help give the trans a longer life if you are going to be drag racing it a lot.

I believe with the following modifications on an automatic can surely allow it to compete and if you get your tunning down with the right timing you can probably even win more races against manual driven cars:

1] 75 shot Nitrous w/upgrade fuel pump, spark plugs and 8.5 mm wires.

2] Level 10 unit.

3] Trans cooler and filtration system is possible

4] Complete exhaust system front to back and heat wrapped

5] CAI Intake

Your looking on spending a good +/- $2.5K USA [brand name & proven aftermarket items].

Like I mentioned earlier, "its not cheap" but you can ask even the manual driving people here and they will confirm that ....Speed/performance is never cheap regardless of drivetrain...

Hope that helps give you an idea...
Old 11-01-2004, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Java's Clearance Sale

eh..you can atleast break launch, hold your break hard and rev the engine as far as it can without it moving so u atleast launch at a higher rpm.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Java's Clearance Sale

It would be nice if it was possible to add a stall converter.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: RDTiburon Decals!

Speedblind,............thanks of course that everything you said give me an idea ...... the bad thing is that I live out side of USA... so the torque converter is kind of imposible for me, but the other things are more posible.

thanks again....

Now BillyDee01Tib ..... sometimes I do that thing you said, the only problem with that is that I cant rev a lot, cuz the car move earlier that i wanted..... i do with the brake pedal instead the handbreak, and i can do rev more that way...........

thanks

CyberShark.......what is the stall converter??!.... have any page to know a little more of that?

thanks
Old 11-01-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Re: grease for my window

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sharkev)</div><div class='quotemain'>CyberShark.......what is the stall converter??!.... have any page to know a little more of that?thanks</div>

A stall converter increases the launch rpm that your car has on automatics..it's the great equalizer on automatic RWD V8's as it gives you greater torque mulitiplication which improves acceleration off the line. It also eliminates any creeping while idling in drive.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: car stats??

I am glad nobody recommended you rev it in neutral and drop it into drive... neutral drops are bad for trannys... I would go for the two foot method.. one on the gas and one on the brake.. with pracitce, you should be able to learn where it is best to rev the car and how fast to let off of the brake.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: ECT?

I know the best way! Convert your auto into manual! I spent $700 on mods for my auto elantra and still run slower than I did with my stock tiburon being manual!
Old 11-01-2004, 03:29 PM

Default Re: What is the best way to start with an automatic......??

That is the best way for our cars..convert it to a manual.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: My battery light in the dash doesnテつエt show.......

you know how to sport shift right? and if you use the ebrake in the beginning (although this takes more skill) it will probably help you more than just putting both pedals to the floor.

put your ect on power
take overdrive off
shift into L
pull ebrake up all the way (14 clicks?)
put gas pedal to the floor
when the light turns green, let the ebrake down fast and keep the gas to the floor
when you're at about 6000rpm shift into 2
when you're at about 6000rpm again shift into D
when you're at about 6000rpm a 3rd time put overdrive on

that is how to accelerate fastest with stock automatic transmission
oh yeah, and neutral drops are BAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD