Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tiby Tib Headlight Question

Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is prob nothing but i just spent $40 on headlights so i want to be sure. The plug for the passenger light is brown wire on top and yellow on bottom. On the drivers side its the yellow on top and brown on the bottom. Is that right or does it matter?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:16 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

the connector is L shaped. the bulb is slotted to fit a certain way. the L goes towards where the wires enter the housing. that's all there is to it.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:16 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Well ..... sad.gif Ive got a good feeling that I`m missing a peice or something.

passenger side

^^^^^ See what a mess belt dressing makes mad.gif

drivers side
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if the light lights up, then you're fine man. there should only be two wires pn pos one neg. the grounding is the metal brace you clip it into.

it looks like you have H7's. I hate H7's so much... it's difficult to get your fingers in there and mess with paperclips. i still don't know why they didn't just keep the damn light the same.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM

Good eye! The only reason i was worried was for some reason both my headlights blew this saturday. So i was thinking that there might have been a short somewhere. I just wanted to make sure.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:34 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

$40 on headlight bulbs?..
Old 11-14-2006, 04:44 AM
DTN

^^ that's how much they charge for 2. You got them hooked up right. The L is in the correct possition. The only thing that i'd check is if the notch is at the top of the headlamp or not. BTW.. They're not polarized, it just pulls the wires tight when you hook them up backwards.

Clean out your engine man!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd suggest checking all of the fuses and check the amps on them. i know you just paid $40, but have you ever thought about HID's? best investment of my car haha.

good luck, they might have blown out because of fingerprints. the oil from hands isn't good and bulbs shouldn't be touched. otherwise, make sure everything is dust free and then put the caps back on. if they blow out again, then you've got a problem.

you should have posted a WTB. some people here have upgraded to HID and still have their old bulbs.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:39 AM

The first thing i did was check the fuses to make sure the right amps where used (*cough* the previous owner was a woman so that was very possible *cough*). Ive thought about HIDs but while i was at Advance Auto getting the new bulbs, the sales person mentioned that "at least you dont have HIDs, yesterday a guy came in for ones on his caddy and it cost him $150 a bulb". I dont know, they just seem like a waste. I`m sure their super bright and stuff but I dont do too much night time driving.

I dont think ive got dust caps. Look at the pics ^^. Im sure Im missing something.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 PM
DTN

yeah, dust caps are supposed to be over the front, but they break easily, i've gone through 3 in 60K.