Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tiburon Engine

Old 02-08-2002, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiburon Engine

hi peepo,
Does anyone knows where i can find and get a tiburon engine for my hyundai accent 95?
Old 02-08-2002, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Do an internet search for "longblock".

You will find MANY companies that deal in used and rebuilt 2.0L beta motors.

Find one near you that is willing to part with one for under $500.

There WAS one in New Mexico for $300, it was even the new 2001 MAP based Elantra motor with the good intake cam. Contact RED for more info on that motor and if it is still available.

I was able to pick up a 2.0L beta out of a 1999 Elantra for $400. It came 90% complete with Intake Manifold, Injectors, Fuel rail, etc..etc..etc.. Buy selling off the parts I didn't need, I just about paid for the motor.

Since you will need a COMPLETE Beta, with ECU, you will not have that option of selling parts, you will need them all, but there are bargians to be had out there.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out about the best place online to get your hands on parts. Goto U Need A Part? and just fill in the information. No joke, I just filled it out yesterday, and I already have 10 responses back for a Beta Engine.