Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tib Stalled Now Wont Start

Old 12-16-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Good time to do the "Big 3" wire upgrade.

Big 3 Wire DIY
Old 12-16-2006, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might also want to load test your battery. In my old excel, I "popped" a battery. I was going down the road, hit the brakes and heard a light "pop" under the hood.. pulled over, couldn't tell what it was at all (seal battery) and so I drove home. Every time I hit the brakes, the radio would cut out. I also had problems with the turn signals and once I shut the car down, it would not even "click" to restart.

My excel was carbed, so it's power demands when running were a lot lower than the tibs (just ignition and fuel pump) but with fuel injection, if you battery died or you have a bad connection, the power needs of your car are not going to be met.

Have you tried jump starting her?
Old 12-16-2006, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

No i didn't. Hmm, welp im about to go out and fix the tib, hopefully this is something stupid and simple like a fuze, thx guys im gonna go try all that you said, if she still dont run its time to break out the test light and O meter and rip apart the dash sad.gif
Old 12-16-2006, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Definately sounds like the battery... Do you know how many battteries I have gone trough in my RD... Yeah I cant even count.

I have a kill switch to turn the battery cable off everytime I turn off the car or else it wont start.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:32 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ sounds like you have a short somewhere you need to troubleshoot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KAW21100 @ Dec 15 2006, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think faulty wiring or corrorision, I did have alot of problems with the poor installion job of my security system taht was installed on the car by the tib's previous owner and the SAFC crap. On top of which ive had wires hanging for a while trying to get dash all situated and LCD screen fiberglassed in. And also, exhaust blew off again this time in a different spot so ive been riding around with extreme vibration (no time to fix, need to work, need to go to class).</div>

From what you said in those sentances, you touched two wires together or a wire touched ground. You blew a fuse or a fusable link in your engine bay. That's your best bet.

Looked at the car's schematics

I want you to look under your hood and check fusable link "C", "power connector M" "fusable link E" "B/alarm fuse" Power connector L. Any of them could be the possible problem. it looks like your problem is in the engine compartment electrical system. Battery, fuse, fusable link, alternator, or associated wiring.

Tell me more, do you have sterio, A/C, sunroof, door locks, ALL dash lights? Be speciffic with the car in the run state. I can narrow it down further.

ok... just went through again... to get the faults you described , main fusable link, fusable link J, or ignition switch would be the symptomatic troubleshooting. it looks like you have no "hot at on" power.

Still need more info to correctly troubleshoot
Old 12-16-2006, 05:42 PM

yo man call me up i might be albe to come over and help you to find what's wrong with it i'm gonna fix my girl's car in the morning 2morrow after like 2pm call me and we'll talk ok?
P.S just installed front slotted rotors smile.gif whoa took me about 1 hour total smile.gif heh ok piece
Old 12-16-2006, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hey thx guys, but I got her running =P, I got a short somewhere, it was an ignition fuse. Im pissed that I didnt have my flashlight with me, cause she kinda took a poo in the dark lol, I woulda been able to put the BLR fuse in there and atleast been able to go home instead using up one of my favors to get towed =/.

Thx again guys