Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Those Who Have\had Header "buzz"

Old 12-21-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, don't drill no holes. That's just retarded. Target your problem and get it done right the FIRST time. Buy a big glasspack off Summit Racing.com, put up with the ricey exhaust note for just a few more days, then weld that sucker on. Promise your buzzing will be eliminated, and your exhaust will sound a lot deeper/throatey.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ LOL, I'm not leaving holes dude. I'm just putting more baffling in my muffler, then welding it up. Works wonders for cutting down on sound and changing tone. Old school tricks from the muscle car era... I'll do the freebie fixes before I spend money. nana.gif I know what I'm doing, I did it on the Vette and it knocked the exhaust down like 10 decibels or something along those lines. Very useful.

But yes, I am prepared to buy the glasspack... I think its too extreme a problem for the baffling alone to fix.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

out of the two style of headers they sell which one do you have?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:05 PM

I have a 45" thrush glasspack. It is the best because it has a perforated core and is still 2.5 " inner diameter, but quiets it down.

I would do that mang, better to do it right than to half to put a longer one later.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:00 AM

I have the $499 ones, the Racing ones not the GTs. Didn't want to end up doing too much, just bolt on and go... no worries about slimline fans and that annoying little stud problem that some people had. I ended up having to fabricate stuff anyway. tongue.gif

I'm tired as hell, this thing has wore me out the few days, but I'll mess with it today and see if I can make it any more livable at least before ordering the glasspack.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dude, glasspacks are 20 bucks. order one and be done with it. no use in wasting any more time fooling with the thing.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:55 PM

WTF? 45" glasspack? I don't think a 45" would fit on the Motoria.. what kinda exhaust you have? I know what you're saying Hamhead, but don't stress yourself out over something that still isn't going to fix the problem. I trusted what many, many RDTuners on here had to say about the exhaust and how a glasspack will decrease/eliminate buzzing.

Next mods = Eibach springs/KYB struts, then I'm probably selling the Konigs and getting some 16" gold/bronze wheels.

After that.. MANUAL SWAP!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

get rid of the crapmaster man i h8 those things.
get a dynomax it should atleast quite your car a bit and give u a deeper sound like a old pair of glass packs would and not that loud lawn mower sound (ricer sound) that the flowmaster gives out.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:48 PM

Got those little rods in, I'd say it got rid of 60% of the problem. Made it much more livable for the time being. I'll go buy NAPA tomorrow and buy a solid 24 inch glasspack, or a size similar to that. 45 inches I think is overkill at the moment. tongue.gif

Ye... the muffler really isn't giving off that good of a sound, even at lower RPMs where I have no buzz... I think it works fine as a muffler on non modified piping, or maybe slightly modified. But its sucking right now with the increased flow.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:06 AM

I have a cusom exhaust after 45" glasspack, high flow cat, turbo downpipe.

I don't think 45" is overkill, it sounds sooooo nice. You would just need to cut the exhaust a little to make it fit.