Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Strange Fuel Pump Problem!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I have had A starting problem for A long time now I don't have any money to take it in so I been tracking down the problem on my own and hit A wall . ok here is whats wrong and what I have done so far

car will not start up everytime it cranks but does not start up Batt is fine sometimes It will start up in one try outher times takes 20 or more tries or till batt dies. But when it does start it runs fine drives great
no problems does not die out or act strange. I started checking things pokein around could not find a problem at first then i found it was not getting fuel so i changed the fuel filter checked the regulator and extra. all good moved to pump well bingo the pump was not running everytime so I get a new pump
pop it in but it does the samething so I check the voltage going to the pump maby its the relay?
I get 10-11 volts up to the coneter before the pump so I thought It was a sec bad pump.
i take the pump out and stick it to my 12 volt 3a power supply runns great! so I check the volts at the plug right at the pump I get 10-11 volts But here is the strange part when I plug the power back to the pump itself
I get 0 volts! unplug the pump I get 10-11volts I know the pump is ok it runs on a outside power supply fine
but will not run on the cars soo the only thing I can see thats doing it is the ECU on the wireing shows the ECU controling the relay for the fuel pump.I am guessing here But is it senceing the pump load and shuting it off? if so why is it random? so is my ECU bad? I wanted to ask before I spend more money on a part. any sugestions or tips greatly welcome. I know my spelling is not that great.