Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Starting Problem When Engine Hot

Old 11-05-2006, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi. i have a 97 tiburon, that seems to have trouble starting when the engine is hot. it usually takes a few tries, or up to 5 minutes and then it will start. starts no problem when cold, only when engine is hot, and turned off for a few minutes. i took it in for a diagnostics and it came up evap emmision control system vent circuit malfunction. we replaced the gas cap, but that didnt help. does anybody have or had this problem? and if im at a stop light or waiting in drive thru, the car seems like its gonna stall, rpm goes up and down a couple times, then goes back to normal, usually after giving it a shot of gas. but it only seems to have started the idling prblem after i installed an aos intake. the starting problem was already there. any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your RPM goes up and down while you at idle check your vacuum hoses cause they might be a lil loose when they hot or check your PCV Valve it might be clogged too