Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.
View Poll Results: Do you have a sponsor?
Yes
6.25%
No
68.75%
I have Multiple Sponsors
9.38%
No, stay away from sponsors, bad!
15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Sponsorship Deals

Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've been intrested in getting a sponsorship, I'm realy not sure what to look for. I know a company I would like; Yokohama. I have a rear banner on my rear window and their tires. I'm a huge fan of thiers and thier worl. I filled out one of these: http://www.yokohamatire.com/cscontact.asp. I know its not a sponsorship form or anything but heh, I'm hoping for a response, if they dont respond in two weeks; im personaly gonna send them a package in the mail to thier california office with picturs in there and everything. I hope they respond, at least saying something. I want a sponsor but i dont want to be forced to go to certain shows or race's. I dont mind smearing a few of thier logos (if its a company i belive in them) on my car tastefully. So does anyone know what i should look for, where, from who, how to contact them, what kind of information to write? Whats the best way to get someone?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Saying you want a sponsor and saying you don't want to get forced to go to shows is like asking a homless person to cook you lobster coronova with a slight hint of parsley. It doesn't work.

They pay you to have a hot car that will draw attention and promote products. You don't do that by driving around the streets of.... wherever you live. You do that at large shows, and they will make you go to tons of them.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Is that David Hasselhoff?

You'd have a better chance at being sponsored if you had a lot more modifications and put your car into a lot of shows. You can put as many stickers on your car as you want, but thats not what they're looking for.

Personally I dont think I'll ever go for a sponsor. I think feel better knowing everything on my car is paid for by myself. I can take more pride in it that way.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 PM

I was offered a sponsorship by someone, but he wanted me to go to like 30 shows in 2 months or some ridiculous crap...I would rather have to wait for enough money to buy my own parts than be walked around on someone's leash...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Kore Motorsports is looking for new cars to sponsor Kit.

Why did you put this in Miscellaneous Vendors? Moving to General Performance.

You've been told about the stupid polls man, cut the shit out. 17 out of 20 warnings, I give you till Friday till you are PERMANANTLY BANNED.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:57 PM

What kind of stuff would you even get from Yokohama? More decals and more tires?

Kit, try hard to last till Friday
Old 05-03-2005, 11:06 PM

Stripes, fancy switches, pedals, rims and gay david hasselholf won't cut it.

Look at BlackTib's, Majiks', JAWS' Tibs.
You're missing something. BTW, do you even have Yokohama tires?

here do some reading:
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...t=000471#000002
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-bin/...c;f=15;t=000130
Old 05-03-2005, 11:16 PM

Well a buddy of mine has an audio sponsership for his Scion XB. He must have a sticker on the car at all times, but he is not required to go to shows.

With his deal he gets anything made by MA Audio for half price. So he gets some good deals for just putting a sticker on his car.

Also, i dont think this is really a stupid poll. I think a lot of people would like to learn more about tips a tricks to getting good sponsors.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:30 PM

Here is the email i sent and recived today:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>From: "Info Request" <info@yokohamatire.com> Add to Address Book
To:
CC: "Briggs, Andrew" <Andrew.Briggs@yokohamatire.com>
Subject: RE: Yokohamatire.com Contact Email
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 08:27:28 -0700

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting our offices.

Your request has been forwarded to the appropriate department, which is Product Promotion.

Sincerely,

Consumer Affairs Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: info@yokohamatire.com [mailto:info@yokohamatire.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:27 PM
To: info@yokohamatire.com
Subject: Yokohamatire.com Contact Email

4/30/2005 10:17:04 PM

Vehicle Information
Make: Hyundai
Model: Tiburon
Year: 2000
Tire Size: YK420 205/50/15

Comments:
I'm writing to find out if Yokohama has any sponsorship deals with car tunners. I have a Red Tiburon with Yokohama YK420's and a Yokohama banner on my car. I am intrested in applying more decals of Yokohama on. I would like to know if you guys have any sponsorship oppertunities and if I could recieve some information on them if so.http://photobucket.com/albums/v304/K...t=P3060518.jpg The following links are sample pictures of my car: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/P4300605.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/P3060517.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/P4300597.jpg</div>
Old 05-03-2005, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Between your spelling and the "you guyz" stuff, I don't see it happening.

Oh, and the fact that your car is stock.