Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Speedo/odo/trip Not Working!

Old 07-13-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

I was driving over to see my girlfriend and all of the sudden my speed/odo/trip gauge was not working. Everything else from the tach/gas/engine temp. was working fine. I take it off to look and make sure all of the connections are fine. They are. Is there a possibility that maybe the cable or just that part of the gauge cluster can be bad? I tried to reset the battery, nothing, checked all the fuses. They were all good. Any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:20 PM

I dunno but my odometer and tripmeter stopped working over a year ago. The speedometer still works though. I never bothered to try to fix it, and have no clue what it is.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Well. I took thje cluster off and drove around the block and felt the cable not move at all. So I am going to assume the cable is f***ed. I checked in my Haynes manual, and nothing about it.

Checked the cable this morning, still have yet to take it off the transmission to see if the gear is bad or not.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

im having the exact problem right now. its been happening for about a yr now.. sometimes itll work sometimes it wont.. but i havent got around to getting a new cluster.. for speed, i just check my rpm, i can usually guess + or - 3mph.. for my miles, well i change my oil frequently..
Old 07-14-2006, 12:21 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

moved to other vehicles since its a elantra
guys if you want to get somethin moved REPORT IT dont just post

like i to you via aim ya check the speedo gear thingy under the cable in the trans
Old 07-14-2006, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

hum... I would think it should be in general performance or maybe even engine and transmission...

anyways, I bet it's the cable. how many miles? sometime if they start getting friction inside then after a while it just wears through the cable.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:01 PM

MAybe the sensor on the transmision get damage.... check it...

in your place, I will borrow another one just for test... if its works, then buy it.... Mines cost 45 bucks...
Old 07-17-2006, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

I had the problem. I replace the speedo sensor. It was fixed after that.