Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

someone rammed into my tib...pics

Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default someone rammed into my tib...pics

Thursday Sept 29th a kid in a mirage rammed into my blue manual tib. the front end of my tib is totaled. he has 3 small cracks in the bumper that you can't even see from 10 feet away.

I still have my lime green tib with a blown auto tranny. so it would be pretty easy if all i had to do was get the green tib swapped over to manual. the green tibs tranny blew on jan 15th, and i bought the blue tib on jan 28th. the only reason i didnt replace the tranny then is because the car needed alot of other body work, and i had so many problems with it since i bought it in june of 09. i didnt really swap anything over into the blue tib, or put too much money into untill almost august. that is when i really decided that i was going to keep it and drive it, and not fix the green tib anytime soon. now i have to make both cars into one. here is what the blue tib looks like now.

I already sold the lights, sideskirts, and rear add-ons off of the green tib, still have the bumper but someone backed into it so that needs to be fixed. It also needs a driver fender. The front end doesnt line up perfecly, but it is close so new parts should fit on without too much of a problem.

so this is what i need to get done now
-swap auto to manual
-get a new driver fender, and headlight
-get the blue driver door shaved, or get the dent and crack on the green door fixed
-new bumper? or maybe fix one of mine
-i would like to get another body kit
-paint 2 fenders, bumper, door, and sideskirts green. There is also other small dents and spots needing paint on the green tib.
-put ps2, strobes, screens, tach, and neons back in green tib
...they're the biggest things i need to get done

And now i can part out what I dont need or want anymore, so hopefully that will pay for some of what i need to get done to the green tib. The biggest things for me are going to be getting the trannys swapped and all the bodywork since I cant really do any of it myself. And getting everything painted lime green will be expensive.

I wish I never went to Burger King that day. Hopefully I'll be able to get my green tib back on the road soon
Old 10-14-2010, 12:39 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

That sucks bro, I also had an accident with my Tibby about 3 months ago going 80mph and hitting a deer, it was considered totaled but I decided to get it fix, I even installed turbo recently after the accident and still drives great. I did spent almost $3000 just to get it fix but if I didnt buy the parts myself and look for cheap places to get it fix, it would have cost $6000 - $9000 at the body shop.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 AM

wow you made out pretty good then 6000 dollars less lol. i am deff not fixing the blue tib, it will be easier to put my green tib back on the road
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 AM

Don't get discouraged. Things happen. You've got the right attitude, though, of wanting to fix it and planning it out. thumbup.gif

How the heck did that other driver ram your tib?!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

time to get an RD1 wink.gif and get the F2 Bumper from Chris while you're at it.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 AM

I was making a left out of burgerking, which is 20 ft from the corner. And the guy came flying around the corner and hit me, actually spun my car so that it was facing to the right
Old 10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You DID remember to come out of the car doubled over in "pain" talking about your back hurting, right? wink.gif
Old 10-14-2010, 12:42 PM

lol i was just sooo shocked and upset,i didnt know what to do. but i didnt get hurt that bad..i had a bruise, and my back and side hurt alittle but thats about it
Old 10-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Dam!, that sucks!,well it looks like you have a bigger project now!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:28 PM

yupp I'd say so lol and it sucks that I dont really know much about working on cars.