Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Short Shifter Showdown #1.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

Here's your link Agarwal....

ArkSpeedRacing

Also just so you know the 03 temp. dials fit a 97. I took my old dials I had sitting around put them on to see if they fit and wala they do. They need to be modified slightly but with just a little bit of dremeling they will fit up perfectly. Which in turn means that the chrome dials ark sells with match up also, of coarse with a little modification aswell.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, as a quick list.

Ark = Best quality
Ark = Best FEEL in shifting, AMAZING.
Ark = Best Knob
Ark = No installation problems at all.
Ark = Pre assembled (Megan requires you to assemble it, with no instructions.)
Ark = Comes with an extension to make the shifter an inch higher, and a spare white cap for the lower pivot point.
Ark = Shortest shift. I haven't run all the measurements yet, but I've driven with all of them, and this one is a dream.
Ark = Best packaging.

Only issues at all with the ARK are...

1. There's a black trim piece that goes on the bottom of the shift knob. With this on, you can't tighten down the knob more than about 1/4 inch because the hole on the trim piece doesn't fit over the shift boot 'bulge' on the shaft. You don't have to use the trim piece, and I currently am not.

That's it.

If they make that hole a bit bigger on the bottom, the ONE problem is fixed.

My wife and Tibbytib can verify all of this.

Pics will be coming, probably on friday, and I will do the last measurements and post it all up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hcriddick21 @ Jul 26 2006, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also just so you know the 03 temp. dials fit a 97. I took my old dials I had sitting around put them on to see if they fit and wala they do. They need to be modified slightly but with just a little bit of dremeling they will fit up perfectly. Which in turn means that the chrome dials ark sells with match up also, of coarse with a little modification aswell.</div>

We know they fit, but the indicator holes don't line up right. You'll see whta I mean. Also, the outer trim rings have no place to sit like they do on the GK. They just look funny.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Oh ok, I seen they don't line up exact but that can be remedied one way or another. As for the rings super glue the damn things of coarse don't get any on the inside of the knob though.

Guess I'll have to go with the Ark Shifter since I'll be in the market for a new one soon, I have the B&M one right now. Bought an Ark short shifter for my 03 and it was great when compared to my 97 tibs short shifter. I know its two different cars with two different set ups but the height and everything was better when comparing the two as just short shifters...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

And HOW do you plan on fixing the alignment of the indicator? LOL

Superglue the rings on? To the DASH? Are you nuts?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:58 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 26 2006, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And HOW do you plan on fixing the alignment of the indicator? LOL

Magic..I thought you were talking about the red strip thats on the GK knobs, you were talking about the inside portion of the knobs, yeah didn't come up with anything for that.

Superglue the rings on? To the DASH? Are you nuts?</div>

1. Magic..I thought you were talking about the red strip thats on the GK knobs, you were talking about the inside portion of the knobs, yeah didn't come up with anything

2. Yeah use super glue around the rings where the ring would sit against the temp unit. Not like the temperature control unit is forever attached to the complete dash surround. Just so it would sit in one place around the dials. Thats what I had to do to attach my dials in my GK there was no place the rings would sit and be held on tight. Not talking about the way the 00-01 tibs dash is though.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, now that I've seen the review and I want one....they don't ship to Canada.......
Old 07-26-2006, 01:29 PM

Isn't that a pain....was thinkin same thing....however these guys after putting you create an account and have somethin in your basket, ask which country you live in.....thus I believe they should deliver..

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/ Not that I want one or anything tongue.gif
Old 07-26-2006, 01:47 PM

Tried it, the only country in the dropdown menu is the US
Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rixshark @ Jul 26 2006, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, now that I've seen the review and I want one....they don't ship to Canada.......</div>
I don't see how that would be the case. They have the shifters on Ebay for the same price and they ship to Canada, why wouldn't they do so through their store?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:05 PM

I'm gonna email them later. I've found that its best to try and contact an actual person than just assume the worst. Even if they don't, I'm sure they can make an exception for the sake of a sale.