Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Sensor Question

Old 07-15-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I just got a question guys.

I need a camshaft postion sensor. Might sound stupid but can I get that sensor from an Accent? I know itll work if I get it from an Elantra but Im wondering if theres any other models I can get this thing from.

Reason Im asking is because we installed the airram and the car started running like crap and we got code p0343..camshaft postion sensor circuit high input. Took out the cam sensor, cleaned it, plugged it back in, same deal. Checked the wiring, rewired it, plugged the sensor back in, same deal. Its coming to a point now where alex and I think the sensor is just bad. Dont know how that could have just happened but I guess it can.

Im really pressed on time so I need the tibby to be finished and this is holding me back.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

get in contact with tdonnell (tyler):

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=733

he may have parts lying around... he never let me down when i needed engine parts

oh, what about asking faithofdragon to pull one out for you from the recyclers?

see, i'm somehow positive that the camshaft sensor would be different from the alpha engine, have you checked webtech to confirm? also check some online parts store to see if the part numbers (oem or aftermater) matches
Old 07-15-2006, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yea, I feel stupid lol cause I forgot you could just check parts places to see if the part numbers match. laugh.gif

If no recyclers have this sensor over here Ill ask faith or tdonnell.

Still bogels (sp) my mind that this sensor just might have went bad..argh mad.gif
Old 07-15-2006, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well lemme know quick lol

im goin tomorrow....

your price? hows free99?

just bust me some cash for shippin....ill let you know if i get one tomorrow...