Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Seatbelt And Light Alert Chimes Won't Shut Up

Old 09-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On right turns, bumps of any severity or for no reason at all, the seatbelt chime will ding, sometimes erratically as well as the headlight alert chime if the headlights are on.

Sometimes I'm able to "fix" this by shutting my door again, a little harder, but that will last only for several seconds or by sometimes putting my window down slightly or raising the sunroof. Most affective so far is to just tape the button down until I try to figure out what is going on. I can't seem to place what the problem is.

Any ideas? Or any ideas where that damn bell is so I can rip it out? laugh.gif
Old 09-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

It could just be a broken sensor on the door jam. Its the little black thing that goes in and out. Theres a single screw that holds it there and acts like the ground. You can pick them up at a local junkyard, or have your local dealer get you a set.

As for the seatbelt....

If I'm not mistaken, there should be a connector under your seat....just disconnect it...I THINK thats what its for. I don't get the seatbelt ding anymore. I did this 4 years ago, so my memory of it is a little hazy.

The bell for the door is underneath the dash, I can't recall which side its on, but you'll be able to find it once it starts dinging and you start looking for it. Its a silver box thats about 1"x1.5" or so. Just leave the key in, open the door and look underneath.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 PM

Many thank yous. I'll try those.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Its the little black thing that goes in and out.</div>

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

only in a car forum will you hear about a little black thing, lol.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM

Solved it.

Was looking at the general structure of the door when I found the time to examine my car and try the above suggestions.

There's a loop/bracket where the door latches on, above the sensor, I'm sure. It was simply loose. Straightening and tightening the bracket solved this strange issue.