Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rust Proofing.. Good Idea?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard some people say rusting proofing your car is a bad idea.. anyone know why?
another question i had was if i was going to rust proof my car, would it be a good idea to spray the suspension as well? i have quest full coilovers.. just wondering if its gonna f it up or not.. anything else i should avoid when spraying the rust proof stuff?
Old 10-21-2005, 06:15 AM

the stuff you buy at the store in a spray can IS a bad idea. Once it hardens and gets old.. it tends to crack and TRAP water against the metal of the car.. in this respect it actually causes rust.

And yes, it will mess up your coilovers. Once it gets into the adjusting threads, you will be hating life trying to get it out.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:40 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I use Krown rustproofing on my Tib. I think it does a good job at protecting the car from the salty roads in the winter. It shouldn't cause any problems for you but if you like to keep your engine bay clean it would be hard since it is sprayed everywhere.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:29 AM

i'm not talking about the spray can stuff.. i work at a shop where i can do it myself.
Yeea i heard krown royal is good stuff

so you don't suggest using the professional stuff on my coilovers then huh?
anything else i should avoid or be sure to get?