Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Richard Pettys Machine Shop In Nc

Old 01-26-2007, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if what he has taken exceeds 200$ hes fvcked
Old 01-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

yeah, he will get his.. but lets keep the posting to a minimum til he replies here..

i will tally up what he owes which people according to whats in this thread.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 PM

So if someone could hook us up with a IM and TB for cheap or free that would be great and the <u>price for both would be alot lower for the person who sends it.</u>
They want to know if you guys are intrested, since this is prob. one of the biggest rd communities on the net,<u> if you guys dont like the idea then it will never happen and they will bore out my TB and IM and P&P and be done with it.</u>

That was my first comment...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Oct 4 2006, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><u>I have a throttle body you can jsut have</u>. I have a bbtb already but am looking for a new one so this could be a nice possibility. Let me know and Ill send it out. Tomorrow even. Any idea how big these will be? Nice to see this thread, guess I maybe wont need to try the custom IM route afterall. Ya jsut PM me or something and I can get it out immediately because Id love to see these made quick</div>

The parts are being used in the shop they have been there 2 days after they were sent. I call almost every week on any news. I have around 1000 dollars already trying to just get one made, trying to buy after market IM for the 4g63 and make ours work...alot harder than just welding it together.

I dont see what the problem is...Im not going anywhere...I still have the tib (sold my moms old van)...I told everyone it may be spring untill obe is even done...much less enough to ship out.

Sorry for any problems...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>trying to buy after market IM for the 4g63 and make ours work...alot harder than just welding it together.</div>

If its more then just welding another flange on, that would be because the intake holes on the head do not fit with the manifold holes (flange off), i.e. width spacing, diameter size...etc.etc. Please someone who knows correct me, but I am pretty sure they do, so why such a problem?

Heres a thought your shop could do, buy all the pieces seperatley to hand build an intake manifold prototype, once that is done, then you already have all the dimensions/patterns down and it can be much easier to build for the next one. Then try to findsomeone who will be willing to sell you the parts needed to make one at whole sale rates since your shop should be a licensed dealer and then your good. Prolly come out costing 700$+. Now that is expensive, so have your shop flow test it and design it so its the best choice out there for us and then ull have some of our support. Now looking at all i said, the only problem with that is the same thing we have all been trying to tell you, hyundai support = close to zero cool.gif So my advice, just make one for yourself, write a DIY about it, and be done. Give people their stuff back IF they request, or at the least, offer to buy it off of them.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So now you are keeping your tib that you don't like to work on, not buying the 300Z or whatever it was, and this IS getting done.

Hmm...

Did they buy the $100,000 machine yet?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:10 AM

Well Redz, funny story actually, I now own a Honda S2000. As for keeping the tib, that all depends on certain financial things. sorry for the offtopic.gif

Didn't somebody on here make a throttlebody with a CNC machine?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol kaw i think that was for GBS. Anyway, just keep this updated
Old 02-05-2007, 11:07 PM

I just went ahead with what everyone was telling me, and got ANOTHER student loan. I just cant wait till i get out of school and have to pay this all back. The 300 is a blast but im not throwing any more money into it right now than I have to, I am spending enough on it just in OEM parts that need replacing. The tib is in the garage and has been for a few weeks now, I kinda got a nice kick in the face when the car lot down the street told me my car had a trade in value of 3000 dollars. So I figure at this point the Tib is mine forever...

As for the IM...fitment is the problem, its not very hard to just cut and weld. Its just finding one aftermarket IM for the 4g63 that takes the least amount of work to get it to bolt up. The easyer it is to make it work the cheaper it will be for everyone. And we havent even tried getting the vaccum lines run yet...
Old 02-20-2007, 01:20 AM

20 February da da dum

hehe

updates?