Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rear Wiper Delete

Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Cobalt Blue Tib
Default Rear Wiper Delete

So I want to do a rear wiper delete, but I cant seem to find a good plug anywhere, and I dont really want to get one off of ebay. If anyone knows where I can pick a good one up at please share the info, thanks.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

ACE: the helpful place.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

never understood why people removed wipers

might as well remove the headlights too

who needs em
Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

same. seems kind of senseless to me because it's not going to affect anything whatsoever except you won't have something to get leaves/snow/dirt off and you won't be able to clean your windshield without using your hands lol. i was super excited to have the FX model with all of the options that standard tiburons never had. if you're really considering doing a delete, you might have to improvise a plug but it's senseless.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It's a freaking rear wiper. Unnecessary. Most cars don't even have one. Hell, Hyundai did a rear wiper delete on the 05+ GK's. Looks a lot cleaner. I would shave it if I was removing one from a hatch though, a plug looks crappy IMO. Way worse than a wiper.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

yah but ive driven a car with no rear wiper (the wagons broke when they broke into it) sh*t sucked in snow/heavy rain

hard to see directly behind you
Old 04-07-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^i totally agree. i drove straight through the second largest snowstorm in recorded Maryland history in the Elantra Wagon. thank goodness i had the rear wiper because combined with the frozen snow and salt, i could still see what was behind me and their distance including if someone isn't stopping so i know to get the fvck out of the way.

Hyundai did a rear wiper delete on the 05+ GK's.

i see why they would remove it however, it is mainly used to wash the windshield clear hence why ours has a nozzle. the windshields back there get really dirty, especially after driving in the North after it snows and all of that road salt accumulates. tell me, what are you going to do about that when driving, stop the car and wipe it off?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I have a rear wiper on the Accents and I think it's unnecessary. I only use it occasionally to wipe some water off that would have disappeared in a matter of minutes with the defroster turned on. Any real debris still should be physically removed. Snow. leaves, or whatever.

Maybe it's just because most of what I've owned had no rear wiper. SUV's or anything with a nearly vertical rear window can benefit from one, but I've never once missed it on the Tib.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM
RiX

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I shaved mine. Probably could have plugged it, but I don't think it would look as good.

I don't drive mine in the winter, and rarely when its raining so a rear wiper was pretty much pointless anyway. Not to mention I something thats like rain X that I like to use, so water doesn't even stick to the window.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I dont have a rear wiper as well, but if my tib DID have one, that sh*t would have been shaved a loooooong time ago. WAY cleaner appearance, and like Rix...I dont drive it in bad weather and I use Rain X on my glass.