Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rd2 Foglight Questions

Old 05-22-2010, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey everybody, I would really like to get some advice on installing foglights on a car that didn't have them stock. I searched in this (electrical and wiring) forum, the diy forum, and a site-wide search for anything pertaining to what I have here. I wasn't able to find anything so I would like to know what parts I need for the install.

Obviously I'll need the foglights, switch, relay, and the harness. But is there anything else that I will need? I even went to my local Hyundai dealership and they weren't able to help me much. I went to a few local junkyards and the tibs they had didn't have foglights and were front collisions so there would've been no hope anyway >.>

If anyone has experience putting foglights on their RD2 without having them stock, I would definitely appreciate advice or even a diy wink1.gif Well thanks in advance everyone for your help.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Aside from being a pain in the neck, it should be pretty straight-forward. Worst part will be chasing the wiring so it's properly routed; probably you'll have at least the dash and fenders apart for that.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hmmm I see, there's no way I guess around it. This is gonna be a pita. Any other advice anyone?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000/hyundai/tiburon 4cyl auto

anything so I would like to know what parts I need for the install.

NOT OBVIOUSObviously I'll need the foglights, switch, relay, and the harness. But is there anything else that I will need? I even went to my local Hyundai dealership and they weren't able to help me much. OF COURSE NOT.>

If anyone has experience putting foglights on their RD2 without having them stock, YES
1. there is nothing in the wiring harness or on the fuse box
2. i put a connect plug (disconnect in the nose wiring just under the battery so if i needed to take the nose off it would be a simple unplug
3. i got a relay from the jyard and wired the coil of the relay to the low beam feed in the fuse box so the fog lights come on when the low beams come on. cant switch them off independantly
4. in the fuse box i picked a bat+ feed sitched or unswitched i dont remember but either will work and and fused it 15a i think and used the new relay to switch on the fog lights very simple NO SWITCH, NO WIRING TO THE DASH
5. the bad part is that when the high beams are on then everything is on which is illegal in many states but gtreat for interstate that is what the funky oem fog switch is doing how? i dont have the wiring manual
Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Wire it straight to the battery.
Put an inline fuse in there to keep it from throwing sparks and blowing up your car.
Put the switch in the cabin somewhere inconspicuous, like next to the hood release.

Or tap into the side marker wiring so they come on with them. If you're doing it on the turn signal corners, one wire will have them on with the running lights, the other will have 'em flash with the turn signal. I think the green wire is the one you want (I could be wrong!)

oh... and why in the world would it be illegal to have fog lights on the same time as your high beams? That doesn't make sense to me. And nobody should be looking at your fog lights if your high beams are on. Hopefully you turn high beams off when approaching other vehicles.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon

It's been that way for a little while now. Vehicles that come from the factory with fog lights (independently controlled or not) are wired in such a way that the fog light doesn't come on with the high beams. I guess the reasoning behind it is that if someone's coming at you with their high beams on, why add that extra light from the fogs and really blind yourself?