Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

RD2 cuda 1 body kit

Old 06-15-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 tiburon
Default RD2 cuda 1 body kit

Hey guys I have been thinking about buying the cuda 1 for my 01 tibby. Just a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to. Does the rear bumper have dual exhaust holes because I have OEM exhaust. Does it bolt onto place with ease or is it difficult. Do I meed to buy anything else besides the kit. Like I know I have to paint it and put it on there but is anything else needed. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000/tiburon

you should just buy the lip i have for sale!! cheaper and cleaner looking
Old 06-18-2012, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 01 tiburon

Whats the lip called so I can look it up tobsee what it looks like
Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by dawilk59
Hey guys I have been thinking about buying the cuda 1 for my 01 tibby. Just a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to. Does the rear bumper have dual exhaust holes because I have OEM exhaust. Does it bolt onto place with ease or is it difficult. Do I meed to buy anything else besides the kit. Like I know I have to paint it and put it on there but is anything else needed. Help would be greatly appreciated.

The Cuda 1 does have dual exhaust exits:

The Cuda 2 does not (only a single): http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/H...-cuda2kit.html

Most body kits will require some level of modification because 99% of the ones out there do not fit 100% perfectly, unless you're buying a super expensive one. Any body shop should be able to fit a body kit with minimal effort, unless its a really bad kit. In that case, it may involve adding additional fiberglass, cutting, re-drilling, etc. As long as you buy your kit from a reputable vendor, then you should be ok.

For the Cuda 2, some people will either have a custom dual exhaust fabbed up by an exhaust shop so that they can take advantage of the dual cut outs on the rear bumper. We highly do NOT recommend this as the RD tiburons will lose power with a dual exhaust set up. Another option is to either leave the OEM exhaust or have a custom single exit exhaust fabbed up so that it fits the one side of the bumper. Then buy a separate dummy exhaust tip and put it in the other side so that the cut out isnt blank.

Other than that, you shouldnt need anything else. OH, for the front of the Cuda 2, there are fog light holes, so you may want to get yourself a set of good fog lights to fill those holes, since the OEM fogs wont fit.

Good luck!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I do LOVE the rear of that kit