Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

RD2 coil spring diameter

Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default RD2 coil spring diameter

I was wondering if any one had the diameter of the top and bottom coils on the stock coil springs for the front and rear of an rd2 coil spring?
I have found the length of the stock springs on one of the stickys but cannot find the diameters.
I am trying to find stiffer springs when I upgrade my struts, I am probably going with KYB AGX or Koni Yellows and trying to keep stock ride height but with a stiffer spring. Especially since the car came with a full veilside kit all around and I am trying my best to keep it from rubbing. BangHead.gif
So if I can find the right spring diameter that would be a great help so I wouldn't have to have my Tib down for more then a day. Thanks for your help in advance.

I searched the topics the best I could through the tiburon and suspension forum. So please forgive me if I could not find it on the forum
Old 08-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok FYI I haven't had them off but it looks like a standard 4" coilspring will work on both front and rear. Anyone know what the stock spring rate is? It can be that stiff since I can get the car to dive pretty good and it doesn't just bounce up. I know I need new struts but would like to get stiffer springs before I do, and thanks to the lovely veilside kit this car came with when I got it I can't get lowering springs so I have to use something in the same height range but with stiffer springs. Unless someone wants to trade me their stock exterior pieces and cash for my veilside.