Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Questions about my new Tib

Old 05-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon GT
Default Questions about my new Tib

Hi guys!

I just got an 07 Tiburon GT V6 and I had a couple of questions/issues about it. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!

1. There's a creaking noise coming from somewhere in the car and I CANNOT figure out where it's coming from! I took it to the dealer and he said he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas??

2. The passenger side window only goes down about a third of the way and then it stops. It sounds like somethings stopping it from coming down when I push the button. Can I fix this without paying for it?

3. I need touch up paint for it-- where is the cheapest place I can get it? The color is Captiva White!

4. I also need to program the remote! How can I do this without going to the dealership? I've googled it a couple of times but I can't find anything.

Again, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

First of all, welcome to HA

1 - Find out what conditions cause the creak: Under cornering? Vibration? Bouncing the suspension? Then replicate it with jacks and jackstands to see where the noise is coming from.

2 - Yes, just take the door trim off and have a look around. It only takes a screwdriver and like 20 minutes if you've never done it before.

3 and 4 - No idea on that one. I'd probably buy a small pot of paint at a local paint store, you just give them your two letter paint code and they can mix it for you. I wouldn't know about the remote though, sorry.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You should be able to buy some touch up paint from any Hyundai dealer. Its not too expensive...around $10-15 for a tube of it I believe.

As for your remote...is it a stock factory remote or aftermarket?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 AM

wheel_of_steel:

1. I have no idea where the sound is coming from. I'm going to get someone to sit in the car with me later today and try to isolate it, so i'll send an update as soon as i think i know!

2. Awesome, I'll give it a whirl.

Visionz:

1. Sweeet, I'll get right on it!

2. I'm not sure, here are some pics of it.

[attachment=938:20120510_115411.jpg]

[attachment=939:20120510_115453.jpg]

----Can you tell?

Oh also, I noticed that this light keeps coming on saying that the passenger airbag is off, how do I turn it on?

Thank you guys for your help!! Much appreciated
Old 05-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

Originally Posted by AlyssaH
wheel_of_steel:

1. I have no idea where the sound is coming from. I'm going to get someone to sit in the car with me later today and try to isolate it, so i'll send an update as soon as i think i know!

2. Awesome, I'll give it a whirl.

Visionz:

1. Sweeet, I'll get right on it!

2. I'm not sure, here are some pics of it.

[attachment=938:20120510_115411.jpg]

[attachment=939:20120510_115453.jpg]

----Can you tell?

Oh also, I noticed that this light keeps coming on saying that the passenger airbag is off, how do I turn it on?

Thank you guys for your help!! Much appreciated

the passenger air bag off light will ALWAYS be on as long as there is not a passenger in the seat. dont try to disable it. its just the way it is on most cars.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by silvershark78
the passenger air bag off light will ALWAYS be on as long as there is not a passenger in the seat. dont try to disable it. its just the way it is on most cars.

What if the light is on when there is a passenger in the seat?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If they are larger than a small child, that is a problem for your dealer to look at. Light people might not trip the weight sensor.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker
If they are larger than a small child, that is a problem for your dealer to look at. Light people might not trip the weight sensor.

Oh okay, I checked it out and it doesn't come on when someone's actually sitting there. Thank you for your help!

Was anyone able to figure out if I can program my key fob without going to a dealership?

Thanks for all of your help again!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If your owners manual doesn't say anything about programming the remote, it is likely you will have to go either to your dealership to get it reprogrammed.